Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Harvest in full swing  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Bruce Hanson

• House Bee
Harvest in full swing
« on: August 07, 2005, 12:30:28 pm »
Well what started out to be a wet  spring has ended up as a hot and dry summer with most of the clover and alfalfa drying up here in South Dakota.The sunflowers also will not produce necter at 95--100*            The good strong hives did make a fair amount of honey before it dryed up so bad.We have been busy pulling the honey and stockpileing it to be extracted later taking advantage of the warm weather to take off honey.                       So if anyone knows a rain dance do a little jig for S.D.             Well you know the saying,The bee that makes the honey does'nt hang around the hive,  got to go,                          Bruce

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Harvest in full swing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 12:48:17 pm »
Wash and wax the car, then leave it parked with the windows open. Place a lot of stuff outside that you wouldn't want to get wet. Hang the laundry out on the clothes line and leave it there. Yep!! that should get you some rain tonight.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

manowar422

Harvest in full swing
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 09:21:40 pm »
Wash and wax the car, then leave it parked with the windows open. Place a lot of stuff outside that you wouldn't want to get wet. Hang the laundry out on the clothes line and leave it there. Yep!! that should get you some rain tonight.

Jerrymac,

Did I see your picture in the dictionary under optimist :lol:

Offline TREBOR

• House Bee
    • The Cynical Bastards
Harvest in full swing
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:06:26 am »
I found two sure fire ways of making it rain for me.
 1. rent a big tractor for a week and plan on getting lots of work done or
2. get ready to paint with a two part paint thats really exspensive
  right when you mix the hardener in the paint you will see clouds that
seem to come from nowhere!!
   that always does it for me.

anything