Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Before and after of Sir Drake  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Before and after of Sir Drake
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:46 am »
Get a load of these two pictures.  Sir Drake, our beautiful Muscovy drake has changed quite a bit during the past few months.  The first picture was taken on June 6, 08 and the second picture was taken on November 11, 08.  Look really closely.  There are some very significant changes in the colour of his bill and the colour of the feathers on the top of his head and neck.  Also, all the feather that were worn off the top back of his neck have all grown back, and oh so pretty.  His neck was totally worn of his feathers this summer and he had this massive red skinned neck, just the same colour as the red caruncles on his face.  Oh he is the man!!!  He is the most wonderful and friendly Muscovy you could ever imagine -- and all his girls, of which he has 8 now, love him to pieces -- and he is that gentleman.  Not at all like his predecessor, Whoppo.  Some of you will remember, Whoppo, that nasty dude.  I still wish that JP could have got hold of him and put him in that roasting bag with the bunch of garlic and onions, that would have been the best place for that dude.  Have a great, most wonderful day, health.  Cindi

Picture taken beginning of June

another picture taken beginning of June

This is taken in November, look at the difference in him.  The big difference is the amount of black on the bill and how much more white the feathers are on the top of his head, they used to be really black quite a ways down the back of his neck, weird eh?

A recent picture of his neck feathers that all grew back, no clue how he lost them this summer, but they were all gone, all summer long, strange (JP, you been ripping off this dude's neck feathers this summer, while you were trying to get him home, to that dinner table, hmmmmm?)

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Before and after of Sir Drake
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:01:27 am »
Quote " I still wish that JP could have got hold of him and put him in that roasting bag with the bunch of garlic and onions, that would have been the best place for that dude."

You know I tried Cindi, but Abigail would spur me just as I was closing up the bag and then Whoppo would get out!

Quote "(JP, you been ripping off this dude's neck feathers this summer, while you were trying to get him home, to that dinner table, hmmmmm?)

My lips are sealed Cindi!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Before and after of Sir Drake
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11:29 am »
JP, oh you bad!!!  I see you haven't given up your antics,  8-) :lol: :-X  beautiful and wonderful life, day health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service