Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 304251 times)

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2009, 12:49:47 am »
I own a gun store and indoor shooting range.  For years I have answered the phone, "Bullseye!, Bill speaking,"  It wasn't long before the customers would call me Bullseye Bill.  I used to be called Chaindrive back when I was building custom choppers in the 70's and 80's, but that seems like a previous life now.

I have been using Bullseye Bill on another bee site since 2003, old habits are hard to overcome.

Offline bigbike4

• New Bee
  • Greeting from Pressmens Home
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2009, 12:02:14 am »
Well, I ride a "Big bike" (motorcycle) and so I got the handle "bigbike", but my email server already had that name taken, so they added a "4" behind it and whalla-bigbike4 was born.
Climb on board, strap your helmet on and lets go riding. Let me show you the America I know.  Pack lite, as we may be gone for a while

Offline mdbee

• House Bee
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »
Hi,
This is all new to me, aim a new bee and i live in western Md and i like to hunt.

Offline Island bee

• Brood
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2009, 09:07:10 am »
Well, I am keeping bees on an island in Maine, so it seemed kinda natural.
And have been in and out of beekeeping for 25 years, as life has happened...
Had some hives about 6-8 years ago now and they did not hang around...
So this is my summer to start again.

Wondering if anyone else has a trouble because of the dampness of the ocean?
And I have at least a hundred issues to change and learn from...
Glad to be here.
I just love my bees.  But then so does one of my goats, who has decided the stings are worth the wonderful honey

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2009, 11:46:23 am »
Island Bee, introduce yourself deeper in the Greetings/tell us about yourself part, we love to hear about new members, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline erak

• New Bee
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2009, 12:42:17 pm »
I used to live in Eagle River, Alaska.  Hence the name E r ak.

Offline oregonjohn

• Brood
« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:18 am »
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I live in Salem, OR and just embarked on my new hobby of beekeeping.  Ordered my bees and built my hives.  Working on my frames now.  Will keep you posted. :)

Offline bls1972

• Brood
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »
The initials of my high school Boston Latin School and the year I graduated 1972 = bls1972

Offline MissBee_Haven

• New Bee
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2009, 04:04:13 pm »
I love reading all these! So interesting....

I had lara which is my first name and used to be my area code. I'm definitely going top keep bees, my brother was a bee charmer when I was younger. You could walk right up to him and he would say he had a bee in his pocket and prove it by showing you. The bees just flew away and he was never stung, I tried over and over and got an allergic reaction for my troubles. LOL. I am still enamored with them. I'd really like to make a space in my life for bees, a "Bee Haven," hence the name ;)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2009, 04:16:23 pm »
I used to live in Eagle River, Alaska.  Hence the name E r ak.

erak

Tell me more about your beekeeping history. I am interested in knowing more.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »

I had lara which is my first name and used to be my area code. I'm definitely going top keep bees, my brother was a bee charmer when I was younger. You could walk right up to him and he would say he had a bee in his pocket and prove it by showing you. The bees just flew away and he was never stung, I tried over and over and got an allergic reaction for my troubles. LOL. I am still enamored with them. I'd really like to make a space in my life for bees, a "Bee Haven," hence the name ;)

Are you the same women named Lara who posted before??

Offline MissBee_Haven

• New Bee
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2009, 05:32:24 pm »

Yes, I apologize for being so confusing!  :-P

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »
No problem Lara, Happy you answered  me.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »

Annette, sometimes I am so curious about things I can barely stand it.  When you asked this member if she was the same Lara that posted before, were you talking about her posting very recently, or has Lara been around for a long time or something, but just hasn't posted very often or recently.  I need to know, you know me, and yep, yep, curiosity never got this cat.  Beautiful day in our groovey lives.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2009, 12:34:13 am »
She just introduced herself a few days ago on another post under the name of "Lara".

Offline bullybrink

• New Bee
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:34 am »
bullybrink is a name I pretty much use everywhere on the internet. I have English Bull Terriers that are often referred to as bullies and my first bully's name is Brinkley (we call her Brink for short sometimes) so put them together and you get bullybrink.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2009, 12:18:15 pm »
Bullybrink, ooooh ya!!!  Thanks, that is a great description, and now we know who you are, cool...hee, hee, smiling.  Have that wonderful and most awesomely great day, attract and keep great health. Cindi

Offline bitterbierce

• New Bee
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2009, 08:43:04 am »
Hi,
greetings from Spain.
I chose mine because of Ambrose Bierce, the american writer, journalist  and storyteller. Coincidentally it is also my user name in gmail.

Offline cundald

• House Bee
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »
Hi! everyone,

My User name was created by taking the first 6 characters of your last name and the initial of first name, making it ‘cundald’.  I really can't take credit for its, I’m in the teaching profession and the school system assigns all the teacher user account this way.  Anyway, it's unique, so I use it for other sign-on and haven't had any problems.   

cundald
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Offline RooDoc89

• Brood
« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
Not very original-- Nickname plus degree (DVM) and date of graduation.  I like my honey label better-- "Home Stretch" because my grehounds are on it and I give proceeds to adoptions of retired racers.
Just now my girls are loading up on the dust from the cracked corn and other feeds in the peacock coop.

anything