Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Wisconsin  (Read 1608 times)

Offline wisnewbee

• New Bee
Hello from Wisconsin
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:08 pm »
You've seen my posts so I figured it really was time to introduce myself. I'm Wisnewbee. aka Bill.  :-D I'm a first year beek who has been learning fast. It was originally my better half's idea to integrate bees into our lives. I've taken to it with a keen interest. We live in Wausau, Wisconsin which is just north of the center of the state. We're starting out with 2 single colonies. 9 frames in 10 frame deeps. Our bees are currently in their new homes building up. It's still cold and nasty here in Wisconsin this year. I'm just glad the snow is gone. That melted last week. We're about 2 weeks behind the norm this year. We pick up our bees on May 14. Can't tell you how excited we are. We're already equipped with a couple of extra hives (okay, so it's really 6 extra  hives, shhhh, don't tell the wife)  :devilbanana: and a couple of nucs. I started working on some swarm traps this week. There is a commercial beek about 5 miles from me who said it was okay to set up some swarm traps near a couple of his yards. Free bees! Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my. You'll figure it out soon enough, I have kind of a warped sense of humor. We may be starting out with 2 hives, but we hope to go into Winter with about 5-6 (shhhh, don't tell the wife)  :evil:

I'm happy to say I've PM with several people on this site already. It's great how so many people are willing to help other people learn. There are a lot of people on here with a lot of knowledge that are willing to share their knowledge. Thank you to you all.

As for how I picked my screen name. I think it would be obvious. I'm from Wisconsin, and I'm a newbee (newbie)
Wisnewbee
Bill

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »
Welcome then Bill to the forum.  (and it is best if you try not to tell the wife anything about what you get for the bees, anything.)

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:26:10 am »
Welcome Bill. I can only say. "Untraceable Funds"
Tim

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:13:56 pm »
Welcome to the site!

anything