Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My mom and sisters  (Read 4991 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
My mom and sisters
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:06:28 pm »
Here's a picture taken in May 2004 of, in order, my sister-in-law, my sister, me and my mom.  We were at the night-before-the wedding dinner in Jamaica, where my youngest brother got married.  Oops, of course the bride is now my sister-in-law, she was busy elsewhere at the party when we took this photo.  I posted this in another forum today so I thought I'd show it here, too.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: My mon and sisters
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 02:24:16 pm »
Wonderful photos reinbeau and how lucky to go to Jamaica. I like seeing the face to go with the postings.

Thanks and post more photos, I love them.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: My mom and sisters
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:51:34 am »
Ann, I am so sorry I missed this post.  I am terrible about not getting into all the forums to see new posts.  This one was quite old (August), but I still loved to see the picture of you and your family.  How nice, yeah!!!!!  What a great place to go and have a wedding eh?  You is one lucky gal!!! Have a great and wonderful day in this life.  It is so nice to put your picture there, so I really feel like I know you, yeah!!!! Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:07:40 pm »
No problem, Cindi, there's only so much time in a day to read forum posts!  Especially when the season is in full swing.  Now that things are calming down and we enter the dark time of winter we'll all discover things in posts we missed over the summer.  Here's the beautiful little product of the marriage we attended in Jamaica:

Isabelle Ann arrived last Thursday afternoon at 5:08 pm.  She weighed 8 lbs .01 oz (I love how precise they are nowadays! :) )  That's the proud daddy, my youngest brother Ben, and their Portuguese Water Dog whose name is.....Bella  :roll: :lol:  I asked my SIL after I found out what the baby's name was going to be if they'd thought this through - and they named the dog (who is still young, I think she's 10 months old) before they found out SIL was pregnant - and then afterwards realized they'd made a bit of a muddle because they were going to name a girl Isabelle.  So, she'll have to be Issy, I guess, although I'll probably just call her Isabelle, just as I've always called my youngest son Christopher, not Chris  :)

My mother and I went up to their house to see the baby for the first time, these pictures are hot off the presses!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:35:46 pm »
Ann, how sweet.  What a beautiful little girl!!!! (really smiling hard here).  Is this the first time you have had the privilege of being an Auntie?  There is nothing on earth like the little children that love their Uncles and Aunties, other than Grandchildren, of course, I am grateful that I have two Grandsons and countless little Nieces and Nephews (and some great Neices and Nephews too!!!  :) :) :).

Your brother was married in Jamaica, but you say you went up to visit them.  Did they ever live in Jamaica or just wed there?  So nice that you and your Mother could go for a visit.  Do they live far away?  Do you have any other siblings that may bring some little youngsters into our world for you?  How about your children (I think you may have said that you had two sons?, can't quite remember).  Anyhow girl, nice to see how you are, I really mean that. Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our great earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 07:48:48 am »
Ann, how sweet.  What a beautiful little girl!!!! (really smiling hard here).  Is this the first time you have had the privilege of being an Auntie?  There is nothing on earth like the little children that love their Uncles and Aunties, other than Grandchildren, of course, I am grateful that I have two Grandsons and countless little Nieces and Nephews (and some great Neices and Nephews too!!!  :) :) :).
No, she's not the first, I've got two other neices, but didn't have a digital camera when they were born!  Adriana is 18 now and about to have a baby herself (oh well), her mother is Gloria in the photo above, and Maeve is 13, her mother is Laura, my sister. 

There's also David Jr., Addie's brother, and James, Maeve's brother.

Your brother was married in Jamaica, but you say you went up to visit them.  Did they ever live in Jamaica or just wed there? 
They were married there, and we all went to the wedding.  They spend many vacations down there, they love it.  We stayed in the most amazing villa, large enough to hold most of us (my two boys stayed at the resort up the beach a bit, Ben and Allyson had their own villa where the wedding was held).  My little brother is pretty successful, nuff said  ;)

So nice that you and your Mother could go for a visit.  Do they live far away?  Do you have any other siblings that may bring some little youngsters into our world for you?  How about your children (I think you may have said that you had two sons?, can't quite remember).  Anyhow girl, nice to see how you are, I really mean that. Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our great earth.  Cindi
Ben (youngest brother) lives the furthest away, up on the north shore of Massachusetts, it's 60 miles to visit him - he's actually closer to our Maine house, so we stop in and visit with them when we're coming home from there.  They (Ben & Allyson) are the only ones of us that are going to possibly have more children, they're in their mid-30's.  The rest of us are done, my boys aren't ready to be daddies yet, at 23 and 27, and the neice mentioned above isn't really ready to be a mommy, but  that's the way some things go now.  Laura's kids are still waaayy too young yet!  David Jr. fits inbetween my two boys, he's 25 but in the Far East, I think he's living in Singapore now, it's hard to say, he's moved around alot over there.  No kids yet, as far as I know!

Laura, David & Gloria, and I all live in the same town, two towns over from Mom, so it's easy to visit each other.  Since both my parents are only children, this is my family, I have no aunts, uncles or cousins!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:26 am »
Ann, beautiful accounting of your family, so nice that you live so close to so many of them and thank you for taking me there!!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our great earth.  Cindi