Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello to all from wicklow.  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Ericnwicklow

• New Bee
Hello to all from wicklow.
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:49:06 am »
Hi to all

This is a posting to all ,i am new to beekeeping this year and so far touch wood i am having no major worries.Lost a queen from my nuc early on but hive has built up well towards this time with new queen raised ,provided from my association in ashford wicklow.They have gave me and my neighbour many interesting days out at one of the association members apiary.I have really enjoyed myself so far and feel that it can only become a more interesting pastime in the future ,have one super on at the moment and bee,s seem to be up in the super so am wanting to check for honey ,but irelands weather today has made this impossible,sunshine in the morning hopefully.
I see from the message boards that good advice is given and would be grateful of any advice in laymans ways to help with my new interest,not expecting honey this year but who knows ,will let you know .
Expect many questions ...................

Aposting from a scot in ireland.

A celts a celt for a that.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »
I have a little celtic blood in my veins.  I believe there are a town, a county, and a river all with my sir name in Ireland.

Welcome to the forum.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 03:55:23 pm »
welcome aboard!

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 02:07:06 am »
Glad to have you with us.

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Archie

• House Bee
welcome
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:05:46 am »
good m9rning,  (my time)

It is exciting to see someone from Wicklow joining us.  Many years ago I spent a great week in Newtown Mt. Kennedy on Killmullen Lane.  It was a small farm but a huge experience.

Welcome again

Archie
Honey, Vermont sunshine in a bottle.

anything