Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings and salutations from the Froehle family!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline TheFroehleFamily

• New Bee
  • Our family's excursion into Beekeeping
Greetings and salutations from the Froehle family!
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »
Hello all, greetings from the Froehle {pronounced: Fray-lee} family of Southern Illinois.

We are a husband and wife{author of this post} team (along with our two young children) that are new to the world of beekeeping, who are looking forward to participating in the forum & sharing our experience with those who are interested. My husbands mother raised bees when she was younger and helped point us in the right direction for beginning this journey, which has taken off wonderfully, so far. 

We have started with two hives; my in-law's group is in a top bar hive and ours a Langstroth; and we both started with package bees and tools from the Walter T. Kelley company (Please note this is not an advertisement, just information ^_^) My husband and I bought our hive, while the in-laws have built theirs with plans acquired elsewhere on the 'Net.(I will begin posting pictures of our hives when the restriction is released for our new membership) We hived our bees on this last Tuesday evening (May 6th, 2013), using the method as described in Beemaster's video on YouTube, which worked very well for us. We would have hated to try and shake all those bees out through the hole in the board, and we are grateful that this method really seemed to limit the stress on the bees and us during the installation. The ladies in both hives were doing well when my husband checked on them today and you all can expect more posting on how things are going with our families hives.

Sweet days to you all!
~TFF~

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings and salutations from the Froehle family!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Froehle family.  There are lots of info with the threads and videos here.  You may want to check into a local bee club aslo.  If you have any question, just post it, someone will usually help.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:00:23 pm »
Welcome! I just started on 20 April myself and am loving every minute of it.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:40:31 am »
Welcome to the forum, great to have the whole family involved!  :bee:

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:00:17 am »
Welcome to the forum. If you would like to add any phots you can start a post then send the pics to :
photos@beemaster.com
and one of the mod staff will add them for you until you are able to post. Sometimes it takes a bit as we are all volunteers here. But most times it's quicker than you know!! :)

anything