Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: brit.thebee read here about a beekeeper who has an allergy.  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Re: brit.thebee read here about a beekeeper who has an allergy.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 01:59:33 am »
I'm not severely allergic, but I do carry EpiPens,” Fouts said of the antihistamine auto-injectors he uses at the first sign of an allergic reaction

I pay attention to this sentence, so basic as important. Perhaps would be interesting to have antihistamine in the car, perhaps a neighbor can need it, because my bees, or removing a swarm...

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:36:40 pm »
epi-pens are not antihistamines.  they are only for an anaphylactic reaction.  you would use an antihistamine like benadryl for those big swelling reactions like i get.  brit is on the edge between a systemic reaction that might require an epi-pen and those that the others of us get.  i do think she should have one.  her reactions are to close for comfort.  better to have it and not need it.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline brit.thebee

• House Bee
    • PollenNation
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 04:10:44 am »
I agree, kathyp!  I got an epi-pen and will use it if I get stung.  I'm still in the pouting stage, but I'll get over it.

Thanks for the post, Brendhan.  His allergy sounds a lot like mine.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:25:37 am by brit.thebee »

anything