Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Let's do a Rollcall of Aussies on the Forum  (Read 43485 times)

Offline Anybrew

• House Bee
Re: Let's do a Rollcall of Aussies on the Forum
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »
Hi well my name is Steven I have four hives,four kids and four motorbikes. I am new to Bee keepin but love the little buggers. 

I also live on four acres on the edge of Dubbo NSW I love live family and beer.

Cheers

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:22 am »
Hi well my name is Steven I have four hives,four kids and four motorbikes. I am new to Bee keepin but love the little buggers. 

Cheers

That's a lot of fours hahahh...

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:54 am »
Obviously because Tiger is in town...

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:56 pm »
Howdy out there,

Mark from near Napoleons. Been busy out looking at whats coming into bud around here. Raining real heavy today. The bees are feral but the queens do their job. Plenty of brood so come on and flower you eucalypts I will be happier

Offline PSEPete

• Brood
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 04:14:58 am »
G'day Cobber. Pete here
I am from Armidale in northern NSW.
I have 1 Hive atm but looking to get up to 10 in the future. :)

Offline Col Collyer

• New Bee
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 09:58:29 pm »
Col Collyer here, from Glen Waverley in Melbourne.
 We had bee's 20 years ago, and last year a swarm came and made home in our garden, so we went and bought all the stuff again, and had a good year, Ideals about 7 high, broke them back to 5 over winter, then on to this season....
 Expecting a swarm, I built a top bar hive, but before it was finished..... Thursday about 5... lots off bee's in back yard, bugga... followed them, and informed neighbor that I would come Friday lunch time and get them.... got there, and they had absconded.... get home and the missus says... " good timing, just in time to see your bee's swarming! Great spectacle watching them poor out of the hive.  Follow this lot and get them settled in another hive, some frames, some frameless, and a honey frame. They settled well, and were gradually getting moved when... another swarm on the gutter..... made up another box from a kit, but had no top or bottom. so...... put newspaper on top of the hive on the move, added the box, some frameless bars, and a honey and put the lid back on. They are now working their way down the side of the house, and will get transferred into the TBH when they reach the back yard
  I'm guessing I'm not the only one with bee's in Glen Waverley !
 p/s... pissa of a site

Offline Lek

• New Bee
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 05:36:51 pm »
G,day to all........ Lek the user name, some people like to call me Kel, along with a few other choice names at times. Live here in Mackay ,Qld. have 4 hives at the moment, most likely kick off a few more next year. that if it ever stops raining.  Keep smiling.

Offline Daz the Drone

• New Bee
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2011, 07:58:09 am »

.... sorry I'm a little hows your mate, but I got stuck over on the seppo side of the site.    Stone the flamin' crows, more dinky-di's here than ya can poke a bleedin stick at.    Who's shout is it??   And don't give me any of that Murray Mud, that bunch from the bight tried to poison me once before.
So, the rest of you flamin' mainland coves had better pick up the slack, coz I've counted on my six fingers with my two heads that Taswegians are 1/45 of the total Aussie populance and there's already three of us in this thread!    That be about 125 mainlanders that are a no show!!   And you thought we downunder downunderers were a bunch of illiterate gymps eh!

Well, thanks for the grog and I'll catch ya round like a rissole.

ps.   Where's the long drop?  :roll:

Cheers, Daryl.

Honey, is good for diabetes, yes??? :D

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »
Welcome, Daz..

Hang on ...  we have to decide whether to include Tassie as part of Australia...

You got wet feet?

Lone

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2011, 03:18:08 am »
Leatherwood is a lovely taste and texture from down in Tasmania. Got a little jar sitting on a shelf that occasionally gets the finger dip treatment. Yum

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2011, 11:34:04 pm »

Cheers
Hello Anybrew.  I just did a quick calculation to determine I have spent 1/1000th of my life in Australia.  (a 3 week trip in 2008)  I figure that makes me 1/1000th Australian at heart.   :-D  Is that enough to post here?  

I LOVE DUBBO!  I traveled around NSW during my stay in Oz.  a week in Sinny (yes, including visiting a friend in Manly), some hiking in the Blue Mountains, a week in Dubbo and a few days in Canberra.  My favorite part of the trip was Dubbo.  Went to the Western Plains Zoo and spent a night at Peter Neilson's observatory.  Made friends in a gun shop and stayed at the ADF hotel where I received a quick education on the meaning of Gallipoli.   I can understand why you like to live there.  

Cheers, gentlemen.  (Oh, excuse me Lone.  Didn't notice there was a sheila in the the room.  :-D)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:51:37 pm by FRAMEshift »
"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline Daz the Drone

• New Bee
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2011, 08:49:12 pm »
Hang on ...  we have to decide whether to include Tassie as part of Australia...

Lone

Isn't that why we have the moat?  (Bass Straight)   Keeps the mainlanders in their place.   :-D

Got wet feet, but nothing like anything that's happening on the mainland.   In our area, we only lost a few irrigation dams and about 5 local road bridges.   We are just soooo lucky.

Cheers, Daryl.

Honey, is good for diabetes, yes??? :D

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
So, are you all multilingual?  Don't get me wrong I enjoy it.  I thought I would snoop on your forum to get news of the floods.  One spring snow melt, I can remember standing on a bridge roping hives as they came floating under down the crick.   We will have some high water here when the snow melts.  We have had about four feet of global warming so far this winter.  Most of it has melted in the chinooks though and just left the eight inches of ice on the street.   I best go eat my taties and neeps.  Maybe I can find a dialects for dummies book to read after me tucker.  Maybe my chickens will turn to large flightless birds and knock over my outhouse.  By the way I have outhouse experience at forty below Pete!  Vance
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:31:43 pm by Vance G »

Offline dING

• New Bee
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 01:44:28 am »
dING here from n/w coast of Tassie only just joined the forum

Been into Bees for a year or so currently have 16 hives

12 of em on Blackberry and 4 in urban areas

Soon as the blackberry ones quieten down Gunna shift em onto leatherwood

Extracted my first supa of blackberry this week couldnt wait till I had a few

Just did the first one full got 10.5 kg out of it so am happy
Getting older dont make ya smarter just more cunning

Offline Anybrew

• House Bee
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:37 am »
Well, Frameshift I think your comments on Dubbo are great.  Its a good place to live and your welcome here any time you like.  I'm always up for a Beer and a chat,especially about guns,Beer and bikes.
Cheers
Steve

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:47 am »
I'm always up for a Beer and a chat,especially about guns,Beer and bikes.
Cheers
Steve
G'day Steve.  So I'm sensing a theme here.  Something about Beer?  :-D   I drink mostly Mexican beers, especially Negro Modelo.  When I was in Oz, I developed a taste for James Boag's, which is Tasmanian I think.  Have you ever noticed that SHB are attracted to Beer?  Just something I've heard but never seen for myself.

I'm a Glock guy but I haven't done much shooting lately.    I visited a gun shop in Dubbo, a couple of blocks from the train station.  Spent an hour trading stories with the owner.

Dubbo is not a huge place, so I'm wondering if you know Peter Neilson.  He used to be head of the Australian Skywatch program, tracking near-Earth asteroids.  He runs a public observatory just past the Zoo.  When I visited in 2008, he was building a house next to the observatory.  He is a world class astronomer and a very cool guy.
Cheers, Michael

Offline Anybrew

• House Bee
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »
Yo Michael, I know the gun shop in question and have frequently been there over the years as I am a keen hunter but these days I don't seem to get away much.  Beer, Bourbon,red wine you got me, James Boag yeah not a bad drop.  I do enjoy a Budweiser and Miller too, well not much beer I don't enjoy.
I definetly won't share it will SHB.  Glock ha, yeah well when I was a LEO I was issued a Model 22 in .40SW the plastic fantastic it was good, it replaced my Model 10 which shot more accurately.

My kids have been to Pete's observatory and had a great time but I haven't been there maybe I should.

Cheers
Steve

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:51 am »
  I do enjoy a Budweiser and Miller too, well not much beer I don't enjoy.
Miller has a factory about 10 miles from my house.  They make beer for a big part of the Eastern US.  Our little town, strangely enough, is also the international headquarters for Remington firearms. ( I have to say, I prefer Winchester.  :roll: )  We also have lots of tobacco farmers and cigarette factories.  We should have our own branch of the ATF.  (US bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).   

Glock ha, yeah well when I was a LEO I was issued a Model 22 in .40SW the plastic fantastic it was good, it replaced my Model 10 which shot more accurately.
Ah, a cop who drinks, shoots and rides a bike.  Is Australia a great country or what?  You are probably right about the accuracy of a Glock.  And I remember that the guy in the Dubbo gun shop said the same thing.  But if you're drunk and shooting from a moving motorcycle, accuracy might not be your most important concern.  :-D

Offline Anybrew

• House Bee
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 02:23:50 am »
Yo FRAMEshift, so Bro whats a carton/slap of Miller worth. As how much does it costs in the good ole USA.  I know you are going to make me cry.
As an example I was in Japan last year on a drinking holiday, and Jim Beam Bourbon in Tokyo was $21 buck at the time in good ole Auzzie Land its was $32.00 ishhhhhh.
Remember a bottle a day keeps the Doctor in pay.
Cheers
Steve

Offline ericthebee

• New Bee
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2011, 07:38:14 pm »
also from sinny, but got a spot as a blocky out near wombyean caves  3 hives, been beekeeping about 6 years and still learning. and after mre hives. 
and I'm a shelia to boot! had ross river so got a bum ticker if i run amuck too often and me plates of meat kill me most mornings. i am a class player on the lino, and as a wildlife carer and snake handler, always happy to tell our mates over the drink why drop bears are grey and why we have very few convertables in OZ   

'not long after they built the harbour bridge, the early morning beaters, would go up the into structure to beat off all the drop bear's, so only those that blended with the bridge survived, hidden by their colouring, a form of naural selection. So if you drive a convertable over the bridge beware of the drop bears. it's also why they have the pedestrian and cycle ways, out either side away from direct attack.

and i limit the number of venomous snakes i relocate from houses  to just 3 per primary school and 5 per to each local high school. Seems to work.

anything