Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Let's do a Rollcall of Aussies on the Forum  (Read 43485 times)

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
Let's do a Rollcall of Aussies on the Forum
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »
Let's do a rollcall of Aussies on the forum so that we get to know who we are and where we live

SlickMick, real name: Mick, I live in Brisbane and I have 5 hives and 2 nucs operating at the moment. Been keeping bees for 17 years

Mick

Offline sas_marine@hotmail.com

• House Bee
Re: Let's do a Rollcall of Aussies on the Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49:47 pm »
nic, 23 and live in maryborough qld, 2 10 frames double hives, wanting to learn more about tbh, looks really interesting :P

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
Geoff, 1935 baby. Live at Yinnar in Gippsland, Vic and have 14 hives at the moment and about to take off honey. Most time spent on Ventrilo.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:18 am »

G'day, Lone the banana bender here from Charlie's Trousers, with 3 hives and a nuc.  Now we can talk strine and no one else will understand. ( hehehe) What will the password be so we know folks here really are fair dinkum dead set dinky di true blue cockatoos?  How about they have to recite all the words of Waltzing Matilda from memory, including the AFL ones...waltzing matilda, boo for st kilda....and be able to play a lagerphone and digeridoo at the same time, as well as recognise the difference in the way each state does its pie and peas.

Hoo roo

Lone

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:17 am »
Ya right Lone

As proof of my Ozzieness I should label my honey Mick's Real Dinkum Honey made by True Blue Bees. Fair Dinkum who let the chooks in the veggie patch?

I was born in Sinny but I can't stand a bar of the blues in the state of orign

That should keep those beeks on the other side of the ocean wondering

Mick the trick

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »
    I'm OK Lone. Got 5 didgs and access to a lagerphone any day. Can also play the fool if required (without trying). If we ever have a meet like at Buds place it'll be dogs eyes and dead horse for sure.

Password. How about "Up there Cazaly"

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 05:30:13 pm »
Your own sandbox - awesome.  Have your fun - but please use a bit of English for the more important parts so those of us uneducated in the finer aspects of Ozzie speak don`t lose out completely.. :roll:
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 06:11:50 pm »
      Stick with us beecanbee. So long as when you are counting you've got enough nouse to take off your shoes when you run out of fingers you'll be right, unless you are like one beekeeper we know who very rarely wears shoes.
       SlickMick you will have to be more definitive about your honey label because if people thought it was the other aussie Micks label  Bud would say it will be agitated honey.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:04:18 pm »
We don't mind any nationality in Australia, Beecanbee.  The only thing is, you will have to have an Aussie nickname.  I think we shall call you Toyota.

Lone

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 12:23:39 am »
OH you guys crack me up, I always enjoy reading your Aussie lingo. Can I join the group even if not from downunder.

By the way, The movie Australia was so enjoyable to me. How do you guys feel about that movie.  Just fun!!

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 12:48:05 am »
She's right, Nettie, put up your plates of meat and have a blow.

It wasn't my favourite movie, but I saw it at the drive-in which was nice.
There was a film made years ago about the country round here called The Irishman.  I thought that was a good story.

Lone

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 01:43:38 am »
OH you guys crack me up, I always enjoy reading your Aussie lingo. Can I join the group even if not from downunder.
/quote]

Hi Nette and Toyota. You fellas can come along for the ride but ya have to be able to say Sinny like a dinki di lifesaver from Manly and know where Brissy is on the map. If you can do that without practice then we might make you a synthetic and you can try out your version of Strine on us.

Lone, Isn't Toyota such a great name, much better than Ford or GMH .. almost as real as the bulldust along the Track

Mick

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 01:54:50 am »
Isn't Toyota such a great name

Yeah, she's a rippa, Slicko.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 01:14:20 pm »
Have any of you guys read the book "Mutant Message down Under"?

About this women and a bunch of Aboriginals take her for a walkabout.

I really need to get over there someday as I find the whole culture so intriguing.  Of course, I know nothing except what I saw on Crocodile Dundee.

(OK you all can laugh at me now)

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »
 :-D

Offline sas_marine@hotmail.com

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 04:40:34 am »
love dundee, was in jabiru at the start of winter, sadly the barra where dopey as cuz the water wasnt hot enuf yet, not a bad spot a, when you cross the border into arnham land thats when things get interestn, abbo's didnt like seeing us whities there hah, but yer, love me country, john williamson sings the bomb aussie songs, true blue and waltzing etc etc, but hey, summers commin up and for those in qld its gonna be a scorcher, meterology reakons were gonna gets some epic storms this year, so for the north qld'ers, maybe another round like ingrid??? hopefully for your sake and the bees sake and the sake of our beloved bananas lets hope not :P was 15 buks a kilo after that, as if im gonna pay that

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 11:10:28 am »
Ah, beautiful topic, reading with great interest.  Have that incredibly wonderful and beautiful day, with that health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 12:44:56 pm »
Cindi:

Did you know that the Southern Hemisphere is actually right-side up (north) relative to the Milky Way Galaxy. So it is really us that magically stick to the bottom of the planet  :-D
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 12:16:06 am »
John, you always bring that smile to my face, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 01:30:50 am »
All I can say is that everything is relative. :roll:

Mick

anything