Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SWARM REMOVAL AT S M A SCHOOL  (Read 7573 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: SWARM REMOVAL AT S M A SCHOOL
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:06 am »
"That Dude said he don't keep mean bees!"  :-D

Good stuff Schawee.  :)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:45 am »
scott, the school had 9 hives 5 years ago and the beekeeper quit and they were left with the hives .they tried to keep them and lost all but one.i was asked to go and look at the hive for them and the hive was in bad shape with wood and frame rot .i spent about an hour putting this hive back in shape for them.i agreed to volunteer my time to maintain the hive and teach the students on raising bees .they want to get back in it again.im real excited about this.    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 01:02:47 am »
yep the dude :-D
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 09:11:18 am »
scott, the school had 9 hives 5 years ago and the beekeeper quit and they were left with the hives .they tried to keep them and lost all but one.i was asked to go and look at the hive for them and the hive was in bad shape with wood and frame rot .i spent about an hour putting this hive back in shape for them.i agreed to volunteer my time to maintain the hive and teach the students on raising bees .they want to get back in it again.im real excited about this.    ...schawee

Thats awesome schawee..Ive tried to get our principal to agree to one but so far no such luck. He's worried about the liability of potential stinging. I said 'I understand, but hows this any different than all those cussed fire ant hills out on the playground?" No answer... So I guess Ill just stick to bringing in an incubator for hatching chicks in the First Grades  :-D If you dont hear it from anyone else, I appreciate what youre doing for the kids. They will all remember the experience, and someone will wind up being a beek from watching you.

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:16 am »
That's a great opportunity Schawee and great job on hand-ling the bees.
Last time I tried with glove on and about 20+ stingers were left in my leather gloves!
Not brave enough like you guys yet, maybe never will.  :-D