Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Don't know if ya'll have heard . . . Looks like AHB have entered GA for sure. :(  (Read 15255 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
I personally think that the lady who swallowed an elephant (and subsequently died from doing so) was an idiot :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
BJ this one is just for you then, enjoy (it should bring a smile to your face)

Pray For You w/ lyrics- Jaron and the Long Road To Love
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Oh G3...your being reasonable.  :roll:

I haven't even gotten to the signature quoting scripture
and suggesting prayer for the president....from the guy who
goes around calling others "JACK HOLE!"

:lau:

Ok, ok....I'll let it go....... :-D

Psalm 109:8 May his days be few; may another take his place of ...
OT Poetry: Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few (Psalm Ps Psa.) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools · Psalm 109:8 Bible ...
bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm - Cached - Similar

Blessings :mrgreen:

It's not the scripture that has character flaws. But is always the messenger(s) using the scripture....

My character flaw is probably based on those that use the scripture, for their own amusing, while portraying no qualities of what those scriptures teach. It brings out a certain side of me. Maybe it was my upbringing sitting watching every Sunday those that portrayed one thing inside the church doors, yet were different the rest of the time.

Blessings to you also. May you be enlightened as you learn more about the scriptures.  ;) Perhaps you will find a time when calling others a JACK HOLE, something in conflict with the values contained IN the scriptures.

Peace.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
I personally think that the lady who swallowed an elephant (and subsequently died from doing so) was an idiot :-D

Scott

Now if you were sitting next to me and could actually see I was joking,
I think I feel a "Yo Mama!" joke coming on.  :-D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:30:58 pm by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee

BJB
   The Bee season is just about over up your way, maybe you are going through some anxiety with the lack of things to do,
or is it your Fresh out of Important things to POST.
 I think last week it was Michael Bush and no matter what he said wouldn't Calm you.
I don't remember how or if it ended ,However I am not MB, I don't play Tag.
 I made my Post about Chicken Feathers,
It stands.
  I hope your Problems ,I won't play your target, this is the WWW , two or more trading words,
is as good as 2 worms in a Mud slide (not worth the Read)
 I'm done, I shouldn't have made the second Post.
Go ahead
Make yourself feel better.

Oh G3...your being reasonable.  :roll:

I haven't even gotten to the signature quoting scripture
and suggesting prayer for the president....from the guy who
goes around calling others "JACK HOLE!"

Ok, ok....I'll let it go....... :-D

Psalm 109:8 May his days be few; may another take his place of ...
OT Poetry: Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few (Psalm Ps Psa.) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools · Psalm 109:8 Bible ...
bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm - Cached - Similar

Blessings :mrgreen:

It's not the scripture that has character flaws. But is always the messenger(s) using the scripture....

My character flaw is probably based on those that use the scripture, for their own amusing, while portraying no qualities of what those scriptures teach. It brings out a certain side of me. Maybe it was my upbringing sitting watching every Sunday those that portrayed one thing inside the church doors, yet were different the rest of the time.

Blessings to you also. May you be enlightened as you learn more about the scriptures.  ;) Perhaps you will find a time when calling others a JACK HOLE, something in conflict with the values contained IN the scriptures.

Peace.

"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Just what I figured...... :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Heh...I could care less if the guy wants to kill a hive.  Or a raccoon.  They can be pests either way.  But throw on black leather chaps and black leather jacket and a black feather boa to attack a hive, then say you know so much about bees because of magnetism and poles? HAHAHAHAAHAAA! What do monarchs have to do with extermination???  Definitely deserves to fill out an id-10-T form.

FYI...I detest Cher because she's an entertainer...willing to flaunt her body, sell her life, family, and soul for money and popularity.  Even if she sings nice.  I only brought her up because I read her profanity laced interview on a magazine site recently, saying all sorts of stupid stuff while criticizing somebody else for being her polar opposite.  But then again there are very few people in the entertainment industry that I have any respect for.
Rick

Offline Mason

• House Bee
The original idiot here...... (please reference the profile picture)

kill some bees, and this guy is an idiot. And yes, that was what the original "idiot" comment probably was about.

The show is entertaining and that's why I knew to post it.  Many if not most of all entertainers are in fact idiots and is what makes them entertaining in the first place.  Who else but an idiot would put on a black leather trench coat in the deep south?  Maybe I was being a little rough on ole Billy.  It's obvious that bees are not Billy's specialty but it doesn't make him an idiot......the cloths do. 

My point was that he is visible to the main stream and was mis-informing people on bees in at least this segment.  He even said, "first we need to determine if these are African bees".  I didn't know he had the proper genetic testing equipment for that.  As hobby beekeepers and as was mentioned before that post educating people around us is the best PR.

Maybe we should reach out to Billy.  He seems like a nice enough guy with good intent.     
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
I understand what you saying.

But I also think perhaps we are micro-picking the comments from Billy..

Whenever you go up to a feral colony or swarm, do you not assess the situation?

I think Billy commenting that for his protocol, that "first we must determine if these bees are Africanized bees", was spot on for the situation.

What's wrong with his comment? I ask the homeowner all kind of questions before I do anything with a swarm or cutout. How long have they been there. Are they dry and angry, or did they just land?

And you can bet 100% if I was in AHB areas, that I would be trying to determine if these bees were AHBs. I don't think Billy was actually referring to testing for AHBs. But perhaps trying to determine if they displayed the characteristic of AHB. That way after assessing the situation, a game plan can be formulated.

Remember, you just see Billy on tape. But there is a bunch of supporting crew and other folks right off camera. You don't think it best to try to test the waters and get an idea if these are AHB and whether they will go ballistic? I think Billy did exactly what he should of done. And whatever comments were made about determining if they were AHB, were spot on for everyone's safety and concern.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc

Personally, I wonder if any beekeepers ever had contacted Billy about taking out bees or helping with removals. We can't go around thinking every person out there should save bees or think as we do. And if the local beekeepers have not stepped up to educate, assist, and help save bees, then I think we have no right to denigrate others.

I know if I lived close to Billy, I'd be hooking up with him whenever I could to remove bees.  ;)

I think many look at others and instead of being proactive and positive, we denigrate and become judgemental. I do not know Billy personally. But I think his heart may be in the right place. a bit misinformed, but good just the same.

Ok, G3...did that sound better.  ;)

Don't bother. He has been contacted by several members of NWCOA (National Wildlife Control Operators Association, of which I am a professional member and state representative) with offers to help him learn the right and legal methods plus he was given an invite to our annual convention in New Orleans this year. his response was less than polite and he went on to publicly ridicule us and all professionals on his fansite.
I refuse to watch the idiot due to my blood pressure. He not only displays total stupidity in his methods and complete ignorance the basic biology of wildlife but also openly violates the laws of his state yet for whatever reason the powers that be can not act to shut down this law breaker.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee

Personally, I wonder if any beekeepers ever had contacted Billy about taking out bees or helping with removals. We can't go around thinking every person out there should save bees or think as we do. And if the local beekeepers have not stepped up to educate, assist, and help save bees, then I think we have no right to denigrate others.

I know if I lived close to Billy, I'd be hooking up with him whenever I could to remove bees.  ;)

I think many look at others and instead of being proactive and positive, we denigrate and become judgemental. I do not know Billy personally. But I think his heart may be in the right place. a bit misinformed, but good just the same.

Ok, G3...did that sound better.  ;)

Don't bother. He has been contacted by several members of NWCOA (National Wildlife Control Operators Association, of which I am a professional member and state representative) with offers to help him learn the right and legal methods plus he was given an invite to our annual convention in New Orleans this year. his response was less than polite and he went on to publicly ridicule us and all professionals on his fansite.
I refuse to watch the idiot due to my blood pressure. He not only displays total stupidity in his methods and complete ignorance the basic biology of wildlife but also openly violates the laws of his state yet for whatever reason the powers that be can not act to shut down this law breaker.

Can you list some of his violations?

I've know some exterminators, and some are not even close to being environmentally friendly. And I doubt if everyone in your organization is also.

So beyond his rebuttal of being part of your "club", what specifics are you talking about? Is he not properly licensed? What is he doing in breaking the law?

There is another thread about Douglas bee farm. And many other threads about bee companies. And although I'll open the door to illegal crap going on all day long, I am very hesitant to point fingers and call people out. And when I see one professional call out another that are in the same business, little red flags go up. Consumers can relate all day their experiences. But one breeder crapping on another, or one exterminator crapping on another.....just deep down inside is wrong in my book.

I'm not asking about large statewide organizations contacting Billy. I have no problems with those that do not want to play politics and fester in the mud slinging and egos of such organizations. My question was about local beekeepers who may be way more inclined to build a relationship with Billy and Vexcon, instead of the larger organizations and judgemental people that seem to flourish in those organizations.

So what is Billy doing wrong that you claim?

I'm not a exterminator, so you will have to excuse my ignorance on the matter of what poison he does or does not use correctly? Or whether relocating animals is against the law. I do not know.

Thanks.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
  billy claims to be certified ENTOMOLOGIST and clams he can therefore-leagaly practice the exterminator
trade in all 50 states without taking a test---in cali we have applicators- and we have applicators for hire
I have never heard about the ENTOMOLOGIST angel- :? RDY-B

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
 billy claims to be certified ENTOMOLOGIST and clams he can therefore-leagaly practice the exterminator
trade in all 50 states without taking a test---in cali we have applicators- and we have applicators for hire
I have never heard about the ENTOMOLOGIST angel- :? RDY-B

And that has what to do with Louisiana? I have no clue the law where Billy operates, but my guess is it could be different than wacky California.

Speaking of California, a few years back, I had to send out along on a trip, to be hand carried by a family member, a chimney cap, and a blue light for a water UV system.

Seems in California, you can not install the chimney cap, which is TWO bolts, without being a licensed card carrying member of the local union. Same for the UV blue light.

Californians may pride themselves, and brag about all the controlling laws out there in the land of bankruptcy and government reliance. Around here, we frown upon that stuff.

Of course, just today, they outlawed toys in Happy Meals in Cali. Californians must feel really good about themselves.

Me.....I'll support any person in the right to make a living, put money on their table, and skirt the nonsense legislation and controlling laws we have all across this land. If Billy found loophole, good for him. I'm tired of bring micromanaged as to my everyday dealings by government.

MORE POWER TO BILLY!  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
rdy-b, David Mc, and the others
good luck

Tom

"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Of course tommyt, I would expect nothing less.

I know it would never bother a person like you that David comes on here and flings accusations towards another person claiming they are breaking the law, then when questioned about it, slinks away from the issue.

Just don't go crying down the street this time claiming you are taking your ball and going home, while slinging a last jab, as you pronounce your clean from the mud, as you crawl from the pit.  :roll:

So far, nobody has clearly stated what laws Billy is breaking. But we have innuendos and claims from others perhaps aghast from being rejected by a membership into an organization, and one from California who claims Billy is an entomologist but never really said if that is the law or not.

So far, I see some ego and perhaps jealousy at play. Oh, and your comments coming from a humorous nature.

Thanks for the laugh.

Why is this so funny for others? If someone is going to make claims towards another person, then I think having someone ask for additional information is natural. Not that hard to undersand.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
 thats a pretty broad brush you paint with- :shock:  sorry about your luck in cali -can we get this thing all straighten out --by simply having Billy do a removal of a real AHB colony-or do you think they would have to get a real beekeeper-I dont think Billy would accept the challenge-like clint eastwood once said everyones got to know there own limations -and i am sure Billy knows his-and to show i am a nice guy i will do the removal of AHB-IN proper fashion
KILLER BEES INDEED--RDY-B  8-)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
thats a pretty broad brush you paint with- :shock:  sorry about your luck in cali -can we get this thing all straighten out --by simply having Billy do a removal of a real AHB colony-or do you think they would have to get a real beekeeper-I dont think Billy would accept the challenge-like clint eastwood once said everyones got to know there own limations -and i am sure Billy knows his-and to show i am a nice guy i will do the removal of AHB-IN proper fashion
KILLER BEES INDEED--RDY-B  8-)

Nothing wrong with a broad brush, if it hits the intended target. Personally, I think that is one of those rather over used comments that should be retired.

If you watched the show, you would know that they do have bees suits, and have used them in the past for some rather aggressive bees. Perhaps this is where others get confused between showmanship and reality television, and what may happen when the camera is turned off. I bet everyone on here belittling Billy, would do things a tad different if a crew was following you everyday trying to make a hit program. Well, I guess some of you might not. Of course that is why you don't have a hit show, and Billy does.... :roll:

I bet in front of the camera, Billy picks up more snakes barehanded, and a host of others things that he normally wouldn't do. I know I would. And I bet you would too.  :roll:

Difference is, I understand the show behind the show. While others get caught up on his attire as if they are fashion experts. Everyone I have ever talked too loves the show. And the leather, the attire, and the quirky comments and personalities all go into the show.

I bet some of you would be down right boring if you ever a chance to have a show.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
  one thing comes to mind you say BILLYS show- but perhaps he is just a puppet and is at the description of
a team of producers and financial backers-or do you rely think he calls the shots-I have never seen the show- but i have watched his you tube vids-so i cant rely comment on the show-just the vids-maybe i will see him on the news -but i dont think so  :) RDY-B

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
I shall retract the lawbreaker statement as I can not get verification as to the specific regulations regarding relocation of RVS (rabies vector species) in Louisiana. I do have from at least three colleagues of mine from that state that it is illegal to do so. I may be wrong as I can not find the regulations pertaining to NWCO activities in that state other than relocated animals do require the written permission of the landowner upon whose land the animal is released.
Now I make no pretense that I do not like this clown Billy. He is an idiot of the first magnitude and a blight upon my chosen profession. A pure opportunistic huckster making a buck off of the misfortunes of his neighbors. Not that we NWCOs shouldn't recieve just recompense as any professional service provider should but that his false information and grandstanding ways just adds to the almost overwhelming burden we face daily trying to teach the general public in the sound biological principles wildlife management.
Bjorn, no slinking here. I work for a living and at best can check in from time to time on my BB until I can return home to post my rebuttals. To say that the pleasure of my day was not added to upon being called a slinker would be putting it mildly. a couple hundred more miles on the truck today and I get called a slinker, shame on you.
Back to the idiot, Billy not my accuser, do we as lovers of the ladies of the nectar really want someone in a feather boa being the spokesman for apiculture. I would hope not. Nor would we or I in my dual capacity as a beek and NWCO want his methods promulgated to the vast unsuspecting uniformed public as to the proper way to deal with stinging insects. Fortunately I have great faith in my fellow man and I seriously doubt I will be losing to much business to the leather chaps crowd. What has only been barely touched upon is the whole safety factor of his operations. Just what if that colony of honeybees had been full AHB or even one of our gentle EHB on a bad hair day. Where was his safety zone, had he advised the clients to vacate the area, I assume his camera crew was suited up but I never observed in that episode even a modicum of safety protocol. What I did see was a fool running and screaming after creating a situation where his own actions caused a stinging incident. Not only very unprofessional but not the image we want for those that may someday be asked to vote on matters pertaining to those things that we love. Overall the fool is a menace to society.
I shall further add claims of his ignorance by pointing out other episodes of his where I find fault. In the vein of honeybees did you see the one where he took his brother in to dea with them ALL THE WHILE KNOWING THAT HIS BROTHER HAS AN ALLERGY TO BEE VENOM. But then again that may not have anything at all to do with professionalism, it may be personal. BTW, has anyone seen the brother lately? How did he fare on those drug charges? It was a shame though that he and his ex wife had such a falling out on national TV. I'm sorry but the whole low rent white trash theme disgusts me. But I digress. In another episode he makes the spurious claim that beaver somehow use their dam to collect food, I won't bore you you beaver biology 101 but that is just so much horse apples. In the very same episode he attempts to manually capture a bever by ripping open it's lodge from the top, I guess he missed that big exit hole under the waterline. But never fear our hero set a cage trap baited with carrots and we all just know how much beaver love the tasty tree bark on those carrots, right. Then after who knows how much personal effort our zero gets to release mr beaver from the cage, WITH a SNARE MARK ON IT (the beaver not the cage), into a lovely habitat full of other beavers that will welcome it with open arms and bare teeth and claw. To delve even further one must touch on his lovely handling skills with the skunks. Like a good fart joke our hero somehow manages to pull off this sort of slapstick not to mention contaminating his clients premises which in my world means a deodorizing job ON MY DIME FOR CAUSING SUCH a STINK. But then again what do I know, I only advertise ODOR FREE REMOVAL and have never done a free of charge deodorizing. But his herpetogical knowledge is always worth the plug nickel for admission. Like Copperfield he can make copperheads appear where only moments before there was a moccasin or is that the other way around. Water snakes and moccasins are of no import to him they are all the same.
Well I shall end this here as I was about to slip into pet species Chiroptera and can not continue in this vein without sliding into the very coarse vernacular. So I bid you adieu on this thread, maybe we can take it up elswhere but for now stick a fork in me I'm done.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Well said.

anything