Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: great sting stopper  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Wynoochee_newbee_guy

• House Bee
great sting stopper
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »
found a great sting stopper, Works great Never used it befor till the other day. Benadryl extra strength gel.
works great. I hate when I get stung on my fingers and that just is good stuff.
Its All Fun And Games Till I lose an EYE!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: great sting stopper
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:01 pm »
Thank you. I have been using Denver's Sting Stopper, sometimes its great and sometimes it ain't stoppin nothing. I guess it all depends on the sting but it works extremely well most of the time.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:21 pm »
I never found a really good product for stings so I just gave up looking, but a week or so ago I was on a swarm call and the home owner suggested rubbing a sting with a cut onion...says she swears by it. Peggy tried it when she was zapped on the temple and said it seemed to work well. I tend to just prefer copious amount of malted hops taken internally :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »
i keep telling you guys.  extra strength Vagisil.   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 09:26:44 pm »
Kathy, yes I've seen you post that time and again but I just can't get past the visual of "Da Boyz" finding it in my tool bag!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:35:27 pm »
i keep telling you guys.  extra strength Vagisil

That's funny.  Take it like a man!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 09:37:52 pm »
i always keep 20% OraJel with me, it immediately anesthetizes the stinger and stops it from pumping, but f course you should always SCRAPE the stinger off flat with the skin, even applying some pressure to get below the skin to get the most stinger out.

But of course, stinger or no, the Orajel kills the pain immediately and a little goes a long way :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:11:39 pm »
orajel has the same stuff in it, i think.  it was just more expensive.  of course, if you are concerned about your image with the guys......... :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline duncan_bees

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 11:55:22 pm »
Kathy, yes I've seen you post that time and again but I just can't get past the visual of "Da Boyz" finding it in my tool bag!

Scott

Too funny. In order to help with the sleeves of a heavy wet suit, I use KY Jelly.  Rather embarrassing to see that fall out of the dive bag in airport security  :-D

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 06:28:44 am »
a man should be secure enough in his self-image to use whatever substance for whatever purpose,  :-D but, then again, you could also use the "those darned kids playing a prank on me again" excuse... :shock:

Offline wfuavenger

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 01:17:30 pm »
I always use honey. It is redily available in the hive and is hydroscopic. Helps to pull out the water based toxins. It also masks the alarm pheromone! I have been stung 7 times this season already due to being dumb...

Offline Pillpeddler

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 12:38:06 am »
Mustard...  supposedly its the vinegar that does the work but its thick enough to stay put fairly well...  or just suck it up and go on workin the bees

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:48 pm »
Plantian.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:54:25 am »
Vagisil. Funny..I'm 37 years old with 2 kids. I'm not out to impress anyone anymore so I'll try anything.  I'm a police officer and have been sent by the wife to buy certain feminine products on the way home from work and dont care at all to do it. Do get some funny looks though. The cut onion trick does work , however it works lots better using a fresh cut one as opposed to one thats been lurking in the fridge for a while. 

Offline thebalvenie

• House Bee
  • Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 12:21:42 pm »
thanks all for the input!!!!! 

:)
"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 01:39:13 pm »
....and have been sent by the wife to buy certain feminine products on the way home from work and dont care at all to do it. Do get some funny looks though.

Been there.  The fun part is when checking out I try to look all uncomfortable and then say something like "Uhhh...really...that's not for me....".  Talk about weird looks!!   :-D
Rick

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:07:56 pm »
I wonder if anyone has tried preparation H? It's supposedly "gets the sting out".

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 10:47:31 am »
I wonder if anyone has tried preparation H? It's supposedly "gets the sting out".

Scott

But what if your arm or where ever you got stung shrunk to nothing? You would look like a dinosaur with little tiny arms :)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:45:54 pm »

Scott

But what if your arm or where ever you got stung shrunk to nothing? You would look like a dinosaur with little tiny arms :)

I can assure you that it hasn't worked that way on the area it is intended for yet.
Rick