Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Super Cell - She started laying in it  (Read 3459 times)

Offline mgmoore7

• House Bee
    • Moore Honey Bees
Honey Super Cell - She started laying in it
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:57:18 am »
Well it took a few months but my nuc queen is finally laying in the HSC.  This hive now has 8 HSC frames and two wax frames that were from a cut out. I am going to move those above in the 2 story nuc and put a queen excluder in so that I can cull them out.

Anyway, I was so happy to finally see the bees were accepting the HSC.  They are putting nector, pollen and eggs.  The eggs should be capped now and and I will take some pictures tomorrow. 

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Honey Super Cell - She started laying in it
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:36 pm »
I know that feeling,  great relief :-D

Take a deep breath and enjoy.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:02 am »
Matt, now that sounds like a huge sigh of relief for sure, yeah!!!!  Glad it is working and you can feel good about this!! Have a wonderful day, and the best of this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mgmoore7

• House Bee
    • Moore Honey Bees
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:24:30 am »
I forgot to bring out the camera so I did not get any pictures.  I did move 2 of the 3 wax frames above a queen excluder though so that I can get this hive to 100% HSC.  In a couple weeks, I will get the last one out. 

anything