Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Ms  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Fannbee

• House Bee
Hello from Ms
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:01:43 pm »
My husband and I are newbies. Have discussed beekeeping, mostly because the plum trees won't set and I have been convinced that bees will help. My husband says that he enjoys puttering around the house and the roses are discouraging him with their black spot.
We just bought 2 hives(10 frames full, honey in corners) and have added shallow supers as we can't get foundation for the frames for our brood boxes.  Newbies - getting stuff but not the right stuff.............sigh.
Chuck and Fran

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Hello from Ms
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:19:10 pm »
Welcome.  This is a very good place to learn.  I would also recommend www.bushfarms.com and www.beekeepersvoice.com as aditional resources.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Hello from Ms
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:37:13 am »
If you measure carefully and look at Walter T. Kelly's catalog (online or on paper) they have exact measurments and every size you can imagine.  The other suppliers seem to not be that specific and it makes a difference if the botto is split or grooved or the top is split or grooved or wedged...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
Re: Hello from Ms
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:43:30 pm »
hello from central pa fannbee.
try the ventrilo chat sometime
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

anything