Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: wierd things  (Read 13452 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
wierd things
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »
Just some strange coincidences that happen every now and then.

Like today I have my Windows Media Player playing the music I have on it. 1131 songs being randomly selected by the 'puter and playing off in the back ground.  On the TV one of "The Movie Channels" was showing "Bob the Butler".

At one point Bob catches Brook Shields' character in the body dryer. He has music playing "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations. At the same time, out of the 1131 randomly selected songs, that same song is on the computer. That is not the first time it has happened. Then many times I might be talking about something and use some word not used a lot and some TV show or movie says the same word right after I did. Or worse.... I ask someone a question and the radio or TV answers it.  :shock:

I'll have a song in my head as I am driving and then it starts playing on the radio.

Sometimes I will be thinking about someone and they drive up or call.

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: wierd things
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:08:22 pm »
Jerry, I'll start thinking about a certain movie, within a few weeks or even much sooner, they are playing it around the clock.

Today I was listening to a song from a cd in my truck, turned it off, put the radio on and the same song was playing.

The word thing, once said, then you hear it right after you say it on the tube happens quite a bit.

This sort of stuff happens so much I have become jaded to its shock affect.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:47:42 pm »
How funny that you bring that up. I was just thinking about it yesterday. :) Really.

Wow, a strange phenomenon, and I have learned that it is a good thing to pay attention to it. The problem is that it took me 50 years to figure that out. :-D

Oh well, better late than never. I can honestly say that finally paying attention to the little strange things that happen in a synchronous (is that a word?) manner has literally saved what sanity I have left. ;)  At one time, I dismissed all these things as pure silliness. Now I see them as blessings.  It took alot of letting old habits and thought patterns go, and looking at life with a new attitude.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:54:05 pm »
Dragonfly, this is what I am STILL learning to pay attention to, although I can kick myself for not paying it as much mind as I KNOW I should. Perhaps this post of Jerry's will be the impetus I need to obey these impulses.

I'm leaving the house and think of a tool or ice chest, wire, towel, whatever, and I'm already out of the door, but my inner self, subconscious man, whatever or whoever you want to call it is telling me, "Hey, you might want to bring that with you."

Of course I stop and try to justify why I don't need it or am too lazy to go back in, open the shed and get the thing or whatever it is my inner somebody is telling me I just might need, leave the house, get to the job, and later on wind up needing the dang thing afterall!

Of course there are those times where I go back, get the thing, and wind up not needing it, and yell out to noone specifically, "See, I didn't really need that!"

Try not to do that when you're in company, they think it quite weird, as if I wasn't! :lau:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »
Dragonfly, this is what I am STILL learning to pay attention to, although I can kick myself for not paying it as much mind as I KNOW I should. ...JP

Yes, I know what you mean, and I think it's much easier (usually) for a woman to pay attention to stuff like this than it is for a man to, because women tend to listen to intuitions more readily just by their nature. The reason it was difficult for me is because I am a woman, but I tend to think and express myself like a man. I have no doubt this is why Little John mistook me for a man on the thread where I posted bird pix. He's one of many who have thought the same thing, and it's never an insult to me.

Anyway, it did take me 50 years and lots of confusion, heartache, and hard lessons to learn that there is another part to a human (it's generally what is known as subconscious) who is not totally objective and intelligent, but has a valuable contribution to make to the whole of a person. I look at is as a different dimension of the personality that understands the parts of me that my intellect doesn't grasp. If I told you some far-out stories about how I came to my conclusions, you (and others) would think I'm totally nuts, so I'll just keep it to myself and try to act normal. :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:50 am »
Dragonfly, trust me when I say this, your far out stories would not completely freak me out. I've witnessed things most people would think are beyond strange. Not boasting nor challenging you just telling it how it is. There's not many things that surprise me all that much anymore.

...JP

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:58:33 am »
Dragonfly, trust me when I say this, your far out stories would not completely freak me out. I've witnessed things most people would think are beyond strange.

...JP

Understood and agreed upon. :)
And even if we are nuts, it at least keeps life interesting. :)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:22 pm »
Come on dragonfly share your story's with us would love to hear them :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 01:39:39 pm »
As long as you don't reveal the location of the Mothership!!  The GiantHead would be much displeased if you were to do so....
Rick

Offline Vibe

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:38 pm »
It's a common enough occurance to be included in many movies and stories...The Matrix leaned heavily upon it.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 01:58:41 pm »
My dad use to reach for the phone, before it would ring, and know who was calling.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »
It's a common enough occurance to be included in many movies and stories...The Matrix leaned heavily upon it.

The first Matrix is one of my favorite sci-fi's. I loved it! (although I must admit that it kind of creeped me out the first time I watched it. ;))

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 02:29:00 pm »

Thanks, but I suspect my stories would bore you. That's one of the problems with weird experiences- they usually have meaning only to the one having them. Other people just roll their eyes. ;)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 03:19:55 pm »

Thanks, but I suspect my stories would bore you. That's one of the problems with weird experiences- they usually have meaning only to the one having them. Other people just roll their eyes. ;)

Its not that they're boring, its that they are unbelievable, hence the rolling of the eyes.

...JP

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 04:22:55 pm »
My dad use to reach for the phone, before it would ring, and know who was calling.

That was because the only other person with a phone back that then was Alexander!!  :-P
Rick

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 06:02:28 pm »
There were three phones in the country at the time  :-P

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 12:35:37 am »
Dragonfly, I am sure no one on this thread will be rolling their eyes.
I have shared lots of stories about the occurences that happen in my house and everyone here was very understanding and supportive.
In fact I usually never talk about " my housemates" with anyone else because of the nay sayers but its a good crowd here.
Now if you were posting somewhere else then you would have a different audience and the aforementioned eye rolling but not here on the weird thread. ;)
I am sure your stories aren't boring, we are very easily entertained here. :-D

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 07:19:31 am »

In fact I usually never talk about " my housemates" with anyone else because of the nay sayers but its a good crowd here.

Housemates. I like that. :) So, if you have more than one aspect to your personality, are they called bodymates? I think we're onto something. ;)

I am sure your stories aren't boring, we are very easily entertained here. :-D

:-D
I have found everyone here to be extremely pleasant. :) (and laid back, which is nice)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 08:02:42 am »
Hey Natalie, been meaning to ask you, how's your guests these days? Behaving, I hope.

...JP ;)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 01:44:39 pm »
Its been about the same, little things here and there but you get so used to it you start to think its normal, is that crazy or what?
The other day I kept hearing this door opening in my son's room, its a little door that leads to a crawlspace and its located behind his bed, the thing is it sounded like it was opening and closing much further than it should have been able to go given the proximity of his bed.
I stood in the doorway to watch and it would stop, I go back to the computer and it starts up again, back and forth.
I have been having my bedroom door open and close alot by "by itself" lately too.
I actually see it happening, I like to read in bed and the door will open and then shut several times and then you usually hear the dogs get agitated or start whimpering.
Deacon will do this howl that is unnerving to me, worse than the door opening and closing on its own.
I think its because I know how sensitive dogs are so their reactions mean alot to me.
Its always stuff like that lately, things getting turned on or shut off, noises and doors opening by themselves.
I did try to send something about the incidents over the computer and it wouldn't send, its was kind of unsettling but maybe I am reading too much into it.
I contacted someone about these occurances to see if they would come out here and look into it and I wrote an e-mail describing all the things that have been happening and every time I tried to hit send it would disappear or freeze.
I even had to rewrite it and then tried to send it again and the page wouldn't leave my computer.
I wasn't having any trouble with the computer before that and I didn't have any after that either.
I had been feeling increasingly uncomfortable while I had been writing it, like I had a crowd of people around me, I felt like the air was really thick and the room was crowded. I felt like I was being watched, it was really weired.
Other than that there hasn't been anything major.
Watch now that I am saying this they will start throwing mason jars at my husband again. :-D