Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My hive June 08  (Read 2331 times)

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
My hive June 08
« on: June 13, 2008, 05:17:35 pm »
I took a couple photos this afternoon.

and my rock garden

Brenda

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
N
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:36:45 pm »
Very Nice, wish ours looked as good. :)

Offline jimmy

• House Bee
Re: My hive June 08
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:38:18 pm »
Thats one way to cure grass and weeds around the hive. I put down bark but, am still having problems with weeds.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:43:03 pm »
Why would anyone want to grow rocks in a garden when they can get them just for picking them up?  Are they a special type of Rock?  Valuable mineral?  LOL 

I used to have a buddy who was a rock hound, he picked up rocks everywhere--filled his basement with them.  We went deer hunting and by the time we started back his pockets were already full of rocks.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:29:28 pm »
Brings to mind the episode of I Love Lucy, the long long trailer where she picked u/rocks..Ricky wasn't happy!  My daughter went through the rock stage.  When she would go to her dads I would "clean" her room.  One time I had a pillowcase FULL of rocks..I kid you not. she had em in her drawers, toybox, under her bed, pillows,bookcase, in every little container in her kitchen set...Talking with her now she said she loved rocks & was trying to hide em cause she knew I would toss em.  I did always put em in one place so she could "pick out" her favorite ones again.  Very seldom did she go back but it kept her happy knowing they were still around! :roll:  Kids....  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 06:16:33 pm »
Those rocks are special. My Dad brought them back from Missouri. Some are stream bed smooth stones, and some are rough stone.
My dad's gone now, so when I see the garden, I think of him.
I even found a piece of petrified wood in the rocks.
 :)
Brenda

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »
It looks great...I'm still wondering if I am ever going to need to add a second super on to the brood box!  I'm looking forward to mine looking like real hives when I can add on another box.