Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Southern, CT U.S.A.  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Gabect

• New Bee
Hello from Southern, CT U.S.A.
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:41:00 pm »
I'm Gabriel. I'm an absolute new beginner. I've always enjoyed nature and am interested in this hobby, not only for the yeild of honey I should expect, but to be proactive in my own (personal)community, as far as pollination and the well being of my (natural) community.
I was reffered here by the person I will buy my first hives from this weekend.
also here for healthy advice, constructive criticism , and learning.

- Gabriel

Offline JWPick

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Southern, CT U.S.a.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »
Hello and Welcome Gabriel! Glad to have you in the Forum! You'll meet a bunch of great and knowledgeable people to ask anything. Check out the previous Posts with questions and answers and post your own when you want to. It's a great Forum and I believe you will learn a lot no matter your level of experience. Have fun! Best of luck!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 09:57:44 pm »
Hello and Welcome Gabriel 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny 

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »
Welcome Gabriel. Glad to see the good advice got you here. There is a vast amount of information on this site that helps bee keeps of all experience levels. just remember to take the info in with a grain of salt and do not hesitate to ask questions. There a bunch of wonderfull helpfull people here to help. Enjoy your fascinating new hobby.

Offline Gabect

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:20 pm »
Thank you for such  warm welcome. I will definately not hesitate to ask. I'm a teacher by profession, and take it literally when one says "there is no such thing as  bad question".

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:19:49 am »
Hello and Welcome!

This is a good forum for learning more about bees and beekeeping. Be sure to check out the tutorials on the main Beemaster page - great info for beginners!

The 'search' function is great for finding instant answers to questions. Very often the answer I need has been discussed in a previous thread. On the other hand, don't hesitate to post a question if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.

Lastly, I recommend getting involved with a local club. Clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes, and they are great places to find mentors and get connected to local beekeepers:
http://www.backyardbeekeepers.com/

http://www.ctbees.com/index.htm

http://www.sneba.com/

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:59:29 pm »
As  indypartridge indicated.  Be sure to check out the tutorials on the main Beemaster page - great info for beginners! and the local clubs. There are many good books about the craft and as you will learn as many different answers to the same questions. If you can get past the title, one of the books that is as well written and easy to follow is the 2nd Edition of Beekeeping For Dummies by Howland Blackiston.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »
Gabriel, welcome to our forum, wonderful that you found us.  This will be a place where you will can tell your stories, tales and experiences, ask your questions (which will all get answered) and make some new friends.  You will fall in love with beekeeping.  These honeybees have a way about them, the more that you begin to learn about them, you will feel compelled to learn more -- you will be held under their spell, we all are.  Stick around, we love new members. Have that most beautiful and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service