Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Labels  (Read 8311 times)

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
Honey Labels
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:58:41 pm »
Where do everyone buy their honey labels ? Is their a good source to gt personalized labels ?

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Honey Labels
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:05:20 am »
I got my son in law to put my info and label info on a picture of two grandkids in front of hives and had Officemax print them on Avery Labels.  I have over six hundred labels total, of two sizes for around fifty bucks.  The fit could be better, but I created an emergency by my procrastination.  They look good.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:28 am »

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:38:09 am »
I use Amys labels.  She advertises in the Dadant catolog and also works at Dadant Hamilton.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:14:19 am »
Ditto Amy's labels.  I use her for my regular, reserve, and varietal labels.  She's great to work with.  amysbeelabels@hotmail.com
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Nyleve

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:30 am »
If you want to go completely creative, you can buy sheets of label stock - the whole 8-1/2 x 11 sheet is a single label - and design your own in any size that fits your jar. I use various sizes of jars for my honey so this allows me to make up whatever size will fit my jar. You just design a whole sheet and cut it apart. Works well for me. I use artwork I find online and the labels look great. Just print them up as I need them.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:57:16 am »
If you want to go completely creative, you can buy sheets of label stock - the whole 8-1/2 x 11 sheet is a single label - and design your own in any size that fits your jar. I use various sizes of jars for my honey so this allows me to make up whatever size will fit my jar. You just design a whole sheet and cut it apart. Works well for me. I use artwork I find online and the labels look great. Just print them up as I need them.
I use 12oz bears and 1#ers that Amy makes a label for.  I also have her make a round label without a weight printed on it.  These are used for 3#ers, 5#ers and pails and I write the weight in with pen

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:16:40 pm »
I get mine from brushy also, I let my wife print them. 

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »
Thanks!!! for the feedback guys and gals. I ran out this year and thought about getting a label that is personalized and as you mentioned there are several options.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 09:23:22 am »
I took this pic of the local icon, our lake Michigan lighthouse.  I had Amy print Pure Ludington Honey over the top and company name address and phone on the break wall.   We are a huge tourist trap and they buy these for souvenirs.  If  store sells more then one kind of honey people always spot mine first.   They really jump out at you.

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 11:38:46 am »
Has anybody tried to set up a one page label and have some crafty person use a cricket cutter to make them all the same size, or any cutter along those lines?

May have my wife and daughter a new project. :roll:

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 08:46:40 pm »
Put them to work and let us know how they turn out. 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:58 pm »

This is my label I came up with, had it printed at office depot.  Hopefully the pic is here.  It's a pic I took in clover field beside my house.

Joe

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 07:59:39 pm »

This is my label I came up with, had it printed at office depot.  Hopefully the pic is here.  It's a pic I took in clover field beside my house.

Joe

Nice Pic.,Label  Joe. If you do not mind telling me, what did it cost you for the set up and printing to get your labels ?

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 01:12:28 am »

Sparky, they charged $15 file manipulation 1 time fee.  I got 3M labels, I believe there was 30 sheets (300 labels) $25.  And the printing $17.70 total 58.20 plus tax.  Being my first labels I got 150 for pints and 150 for quarts.  Now I get mostly pint labels.  Same label with only difference being the weight.   
  I got several pics in the spring, I have a 25 acre crimmson clover field on one side of house (15yards) and bee yard on the other (20 yards) side of home.  Hope this was some help.

Joe

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

Sparky, they charged $15 file manipulation 1 time fee.  I got 3M labels, I believe there was 30 sheets (300 labels) $25.  And the printing $17.70 total 58.20 plus tax.  Being my first labels I got 150 for pints and 150 for quarts.  Now I get mostly pint labels.  Same label with only difference being the weight.   
  I got several pics in the spring, I have a 25 acre crimmson clover field on one side of house (15yards) and bee yard on the other (20 yards) side of home.  Hope this was some help.

Joe

Yes it was a help. I have some great pictures of bees working blooms over the years and that would make a nice label. Thanks !! for the info.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 12:51:07 am »
Glad to be some help, Sparky.  You can print off my label if it will help.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline Nyleve

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »
This is my label from last year. Obviously just personal use and for friends - not for sale. This year's is similarly goofy.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »
Nylene, I think it is a great looking label,especially the Queen's private reserve.

Joe

Offline Nyleve

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:45:14 pm »
Thanks! This year it's "Queen Twiggy's Secret Upstairs Reserve" because it seems that I have a queen skinny enough to slip through the excluder and lay eggs in the honey super.