Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3rd Swarm 2013  (Read 2200 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
3rd Swarm 2013
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »

OK for those who may think this is a duplicate post on last swarm I did this was the same people I got a call from the other day and they told me more bees. The after swarm of a nearby hive split in two when they cal but when I got there they said they combined in the same spot I got the last swarm from. It was almost the same size and put them in an eight frame med nuc. Anticipation is high for more!  :-D
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: 3rd Swarm 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »
Still waiting on the first here.   Y'all killing me with all those swarms down there.   I have gotten multiple swarms from the same branch several times.   All that bee swarm scent brings them in. 

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:19 pm »
Still waiting on the first here.   Y'all killing me with all those swarms down there.   I have gotten multiple swarms from the same branch several times.   All that bee swarm scent brings them in. 
Its coming Allen. We are fortunate to have earlier spring temps down here is all. All of a sudden I need more nucs and could meet my goal of 20 hives after all.
Blanc
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:09:45 pm »
Good job
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:13:58 am »
Good job
Bailey
Bailey the size of those two swarms I believe they will get cramped in the next couple weeks and have to give em some more room. Size of a basketball. Not sure what that would translate to lbs but they had some weight to them. Two out of the same hive that's in the neighbors shed just 15 ft away.
Blanc

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:40:03 am »
Have boxes ready.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:44 am »
NICE!  Great size swarm.  Hope your luck continues!
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »
NICE!  Great size swarm.  Hope your luck continues!
Thanks D and those nucs were from your plans and work great!
Blanc

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 08:58:19 pm »
Way to go!!!!!!

Both happy and jealous.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Keep it up.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:50 pm »
Great catch.  

those nucs were from your plans and work great!
Blanc

I only run his style nucs too.  They are great.  

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 09:31:16 pm »
Love me some dcoats medium nucs. Light effective for queen rearing ,swarm traps, swarm boxes for splits
Comb storage etc.
and the cost is the best thing. 
Thanks again dcoats! 
The poor bee keepers hero.

Bailey