Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This happens whenever I grow a beard  (Read 6140 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
This happens whenever I grow a beard
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:01:18 am »
Hi All:

It's almost a full moon and I grew my beard in, so something took over me once again. You saw a short sample of this LUNAR EFFECT in the Trading Post long ago, but here is a welcome (of sorts ) to the forum with Beemaster of Bizarro world. Enjoy it, I hope.

Starring such notable characters as Wiffle Briffley and Twitty.com

still scratching my head to get the HD version uploaded. Thought I had it this time. I'll keep the link updated when I get the HD running

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:01:45 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: This happens whenever I grow a beard
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »
Wow!! John that was funny and I like you with that beard. You have some acting abilities here that I never knew about. I think this is good for you to let go like this and have some fun. Keep it up!!

Annette :rainbowflower: :rainbowflower:

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:07:50 pm »
 :-D :-DJohn, You need to be singin' blue down on Beale St.! :-D :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:04 pm »
I like it.    :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 01:10:33 am »
Wow!! John that was funny and I like you with that beard. You have some acting abilities here that I never knew about. I think this is good for you to let go like this and have some fun. Keep it up!!

Annette :rainbowflower: :rainbowflower:

Thanks Annette :)

I have about 8 characters I do, some a little colorful (Hairy Gary) is my Rainbow flag waving character that I really enjoy doing - Tracey says I was born to be a Queen - lol. To really sell the characters though, I need to dress up a bit. Cause if you're gonna do it, do it right!

But seriously, I like to be in front of the camera and enjoy "improv"ing it up. That video here was UNCUT after I said the opening line in my own voice. Non-scripted and just a blast to do. The less editing I have to do, the more it feels like a live audience, not a camera.

I'll have to break out my bag of people I enjoy playing, my only fan is tracey and the cats (and an occasional co-worker) time to let them loose on the Internet!!!

I forgot to mention that I took this at work with a coworker watching me, I think he thinks I'm whacked in the head - don't know if I can argue. But he said that he couldn't do that, his "out of the Box" limit would seriously be stretched uploading THAT to Youtube. He's the one who turned the camera in that Monte Python like spin and "Now for something completely different!" so he was about 5 feet away all the while, just some insider info that I thought you might find interesting!!!

I've edited this three times, I keep forgetting to tell you stuff - Thanks about liking the beard, I really like it cause I think it forms my face out nicely - I feel a little smarter and rugged with it. Tracey though hates it, she says it makes me look 10 years older. I made a deal with her, I'm keeping it until 1) it starts to irritate me - eating can be so messy with a beard, I may get grossed out and cut it off or 2) when Spring gets here and I can afford a little less insulation on my face. I think that's all I had to say, it's always AFTER I submit the post I remember something else to add - lol.

To you other guys, thanks - I'm glad I gave you a chuckle.

Oh Scott... I have to know what Peggy thinks - she still scratching her head about me - lol
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:11:04 am by beemaster »

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:58:10 am »
Shucks boss i believe you got that honey i sent and it was plum ferminted
loved it
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 08:28:53 am »
Keep the beard, it fits the yankee redneck wannabe persona to the tee. No, seriously John, keep the beard.  ;)

Bud, what the heck did you put in the Beemaster's honey????  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:17:07 am »
Keep the beard, it fits the yankee redneck wannabe persona to the tee. No, seriously John, keep the beard.  ;)

Bud, what the heck did you put in the Beemaster's honey????  :-D

...JP

Apparently Bud recycles his mason jars. May have 'still' had some corn by- products in the bottom of it.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:02 pm »
Shucks boss i believe you got that honey i sent and it was plum ferminted
loved it

Hey Bud1.....
You'r Soutern Honey going to the boss man head ??? ???

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »
and what does your wife say?   :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 03:28:11 pm »
John, Peggy says "I still think he's craaazzzy!" :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:28 pm »
Boy this took of today - lol

Working my way around.

JP: I hope to keep it through the Winter months, it gets soooo cold here and the winds soooo nasty around my military base, I need all the protection I need. It is  really filled out nicely, actually trimmed the length under my chin, but the rest is getting HOMER SIMPSON on me - but yeah, I like it even-though Tracey would gladly scissor it off in my sleep.

To all about what Bud put in his honey jar, it is some fine honey - I just think it goes particularity well with my meds - lol. I need to blame my work schedule too, we are working this God Awful "4 man watch bill" basically all 7 day/evening/midnight shifts that makes us loony especially halfway into the midnights, you are so jet-lagged and sleep deprived that anything could have came out of that camera.

I still haven't figured how to over right the video and put it up in HD, but the 480 res looks pretty dang good, so I'll leave it alone. It isn't (just a Youtube thing) the professional editing software has some tricky language that I think I read wrong and I may have shrunk the video to the size it is now. I don't want to redo the video, it was fun and came out enjoyable - as JP said, it fits the Yankee Redneck Wanna-be persona well. And I'll be the first to admit, I enjoy my redneck friends greatly, it is a fine part of this country where a man's word is his bond and a friend is something that you earn and then have for life. I feel comfortable in the South, no "fish out of water" anxiety there. Then again, I hope TWT and GEOFF felt as at home with family as I do at Buds and Dallas's Homes :)

And finally Peggy, sweetheart, thinking I'm crazzzzy is a bit of a complement - I know I'm a bit out-there and have a learning curve, but I'll never forget the laughter I got out of you at Bud's at the picnic table - I doubt you laughed so enjoyable at my somewhat warped and self deprecating (the spell checker said defecating - I was drunk on Bud's fine elderberry wine, but don't think I pooped myself) humor. I enjoy being the butt of a joke, and to laugh at yourself is a fun thing, wish more people could.

Thanks all. I'm proud to have such a great bunch of friends around.