Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cognitive 4 minutes after decapitated??  (Read 36417 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Cognitive 4 minutes after decapitated??
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 02:28:11 am »
Actually I'm a bit shocked we haven't heard from Brian D. Bray on this one.

I stick with the idea that anything that destroys the brain (whether a hand granade or 50 thousand volts with tons of amps behind it to short the brain out until cooked) as well as lethal injection works for me.

I'd rather not be decapitated in an auto accident and have my head watching as my body slumps over the wheel, until finally oxygen starved braincells just go psychedelic and fade to black, peaceful eternity.

Not to disappoint:

At the point in time that the spirit realizes that the body is dead, from whatever cause, it detaches itself from the body suspending all physical input or thought.  Now I admit you either have to die, ask someone who has died, or reach the point of deciding whether or not to die, my case, about when the spirit (conscientiousness)  leaves the body.  Regardless of how great the point was prior to death the instant of departing from the body is painless and blissful.  Then some of get asked if we want to go back, ie the body is still in survivable condition.  The quantitative point is how survivable, sometimes a full recovery results and all too often one or more disabilities accompany the return to the physical world as we know it (my case), but we know all that at the time we make the decision even if we don't recall it afterward.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline chillardbee

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 12:03:35 pm »
 I had seen a video of scientific work that was done in the 50's in Russia where they could dismember the head of a dog surgically and place a machine on him connected to his arteries that could supply oxygenated blood to his head. the dogs were able to stay concient for hours. When I saw that vid I thought "man, that would suck" because you wouldn't be able to feel anything below the neck, obviously, and not just locomotion of body parts but also a pumping heart beat or breathing with lungs. In that vid, the dog looked like he was thinking the same thing, waiting out the enivitable blackness to come.
Will Gruenwald
Chilliwack BC

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »
I don't want to seem sick, but find those videos for us to see.   I don't guess they are on youtube.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 06:49:30 pm »
According to Brian's description it doesn't seem to matter how you die if your spirit disconnects. I happen to believe that our sense of consciousness lives on after our physical bodies cease to function, I guess I'm speaking of our spirit so I am in agreement with Brian.   

At some point we all have to accept that death is inevitable, some so it seems never get to this point and either try and cheat death or live in denial.

I prefer to die doing something I enjoy if I have the choice.

Have you hugged your bees today?  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 06:55:58 pm »
Jp, you might be able to live forever if you take enough stings. I think you should give it a try and report back (maybe in our next life) :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »
Yep, that was the plan Scott.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline chillardbee

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:25 am »
That video was on youtube, but beware, it is graphic.
I'm still new on the forum so I can't put on links, but do a search on youtube, search the phrase below. first vid should be it. creepy. gives me the eeby geebies.
Russian dog experiement
  So, going on about coming back in the next life from these latest posts. I was just thinking how fun it would be to come back as a bee. More to the point, if i could go back in time and come back as the bees that stung me. Wouldn't that be a hoot. especially the ones that stung me one my nose, of which i've had several. My last dying bee thought would be "ahhhh, I got ya"
Will Gruenwald
Chilliwack BC

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:01 am »
I tried but could not watch the video VERY disturbing now I'll have nightmare's.  :'( :-x
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 09:36:55 am »
I watched enough of it.  I call it bull.   Copied from wiki "Since its Prelinger Archives release, the film has provoked much controversy. Ken Smith, author of Mental Hygiene: Classroom Films 1945 - 1970, believes the film is fake. He mentions, among other things, that the decapitated dog scene shown in the film could have been produced with simple special effects."

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 06:49:55 pm »
I think electrocution is the FASTEST WAY to kill the brain, short circuiting everything out at the first jolt. Is it ugly and does the body look like it is going through Hell, definitely. But I think I'd take lethal injection (if it is just like anesthesia) but electrocution would be up toward the top, especially over firing squad, hanging and beheading - just in case we do hang around a bit.

The last quicky option was having your head squooshed, which might be good for you but the loved ones might have issues with it. I've never had a suicidal thought, but I did fantasize once on a classic way to off one's self: ducktape  two grenades to your head, climb a 200 foot water tower, jump and pull the pins - going out like fireworks on the way down. Related to this topic, that might not be a bad way to go  :cheer:

John, That's the most creative and semi cool way i've ever heard xD
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »
Buzzbeejr

Cool yeah... but don't try this at home, not even to your friends :-*
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline SEEYA

• House Bee
  • Poke a meek dog enough times.........!
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 05:21:22 pm »
Humanbeeing: I also remember reading about the guillotine ( Does everybody go through a ghoulish period as a kid?*). What I remember was that; the executioner was curious, a victim agreed to try to blink, when the executioner retrieved the head from the basket, the head blinked several times.
The blushing part ( IMO is impossible): how can the blood vessels under the skin dilate and fill with blood?

* Jees, Maybe I didn't out grow it, my presence seems to suggest it.
Live long and prosper!

Offline Wits End

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »
Sooo... how many of you are going to Buds next years? I'm a little nervous around strangers and it doesn't get much stranger than this.
Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 04:16:17 am »
I think electrocution is the FASTEST WAY to kill the brain, short circuiting everything out at the first jolt. Is it ugly and does the body look like it is going through Hell, definitely. But I think I'd take lethal injection (if it is just like anesthesia) but electrocution would be up toward the top, especially over firing squad, hanging and beheading - just in case we do hang around a bit.

The last quicky option was having your head squooshed, which might be good for you but the loved ones might have issues with it. I've never had a suicidal thought, but I did fantasize once on a classic way to off one's self: ducktape  two grenades to your head, climb a 200 foot water tower, jump and pull the pins - going out like fireworks on the way down. Related to this topic, that might not be a bad way to go  :cheer:

I'd go with ahttp://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/hanging2.html#long long-drop hanging. By http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_PierrepointAlbert Pierrepoint , the undisputed expert, and holding the never to be broken record of thehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Inglis fastest hanging - 7 seconds from leaving the condemned cell to hitting the bottom of the drop.

Lethal injection is inhumane - might not hurt much (although who knows?) but it takes too much mucking about with the procedure, far too long - must be very traumatic.

Give me the 7 seconds hanging anyday. No time to be even scared much.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 09:36:58 am »
I plan not to. just take it as it comes.

Jesus went to the garden KNOWING what was to happen. I could not do that.
Thank you Jesus!

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »
OK, ya'll are creeping me out!

I'll second that!!!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 02:21:53 am »
I had seen a video of scientific work that was done in the 50's in Russia where they could dismember the head of a dog surgically and place a machine on him connected to his arteries that could supply oxygenated blood to his head. the dogs were able to stay concient for hours. When I saw that vid I thought "man, that would suck" because you wouldn't be able to feel anything below the neck, obviously, and not just locomotion of body parts but also a pumping heart beat or breathing with lungs. In that vid, the dog looked like he was thinking the same thing, waiting out the enivitable blackness to come.

It would be a bugger if you got an itchy nose.

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 02:25:39 am »

Jesus went to the garden KNOWING what was to happen. I could not do that.
Thank you Jesus!

Some people say he did but if you believe a 2000+ year old book, based on hearsay fairy tales by a bunch of aging cult members, with who knows how many different translations then you'll believe anything.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 09:14:54 am »
OK then why are Muslims so set on destroying Christians? It is because they have something! otherwise it would not matter at all

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 10:17:54 am »
Ha! Richard - Tis better to believe something, than to believe nothing.

Pick three translations, your choice(at least one should be a study version), read them cover to cover and then report back what you believe or don't believe. There is a reason The Book is still around after all these years... and it just could be that there's Hope for you while your head is still attached!   :cheesy:

anything