Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: dieing trapout bees  (Read 1071 times)

Offline tincan

• House Bee
dieing trapout bees
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:42:40 pm »
started trapout 4 weeks ago 4 days later brought trapout box home full of bees made new queen  and are doing great 4 days later brought second trapout box home full of bees made new queen  and are doing great  6 days later brought third trapout box home full of bees they were doing great for 4 to 5 days and then started dieing week later like 6 pounds of dead bees in bottom of box small handfull of live bees and queencells when I moved third box home I put a weaker hive on trapout with laying queen and it is still in place at trapout and triving and bees are all alive and doing very normal . question is why did bees die in just 1 of 8 hives thank all very confused about this

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: dieing trapout bees
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »
Most likely cause, a neighbor dusted with sevin and only the one hive found it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline tincan

• House Bee
Re: dieing trapout bees
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:59:12 pm »
that could be because my first trapout attempt there I had bees die after few days but thought they got cold  so I waited till it warmed up a bit and tried again all the others are doing good  just bad to see that many bees that were healthy a few days earlier .I have some cash crop farmers that think there better than everybody and spray and dont say anything to us just alot of arrogance and stupidity.thanks