Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tomatoes in the ground  (Read 3856 times)

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
Tomatoes in the ground
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:24:56 pm »
I already have over 300 tomato plants in the ground, I might be covering them tonight or tomorrow night. I started my corn March 1ST. Okra and squash are planted as well. I have an acre of blackberries, the biggest verity in the world.
Last year we also had 4,000 strawberry plants but due to me we do not have them this year. The apple, pear, plum and fig trees are looking good. When I get me bees they will really like all this. :lol:

Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Tomatoes in the ground
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:09:04 am »
i just started 350 tomato plants hoping to plant them out in about a month with covers. looking to get 250 plants out of the seed i started.

Offline bill

• House Bee
Tomatoes in the ground
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 02:32:31 pm »
hey you tomsto guys  i am in midland texas and hauling cages over to where I am planting tomatoes I had to buy acouple of hundred plants since the ones I am trying to grow in the greenhouse are not big enough yet. I got the seeds real late from when I ordered them and they just didn't have enough time If you don't get them in the ground blooming now you might have to wait a real long time for them to set fruit. with our farmers market here if you don't have tomatos you might as well stay at home. I was going to say something about the price of hybrid celebrity seed  it seems to be just toooo high and they were back ordered I heard I am thinking of going to a non hybrid where I can save seed. do you guys know any good ones like that? it is real hot and windy here so our blossoms dehydrate bad if it turns hot too early and the bigger varieties split almost every one. if you have some advice I would like to hear it. I am shooting to get at least 500 in this year
billiet

Offline bill

• House Bee
Tomatoes in the ground
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:44:14 pm »
mr bottom board what variety is the biggest blackberry.  mine are womack
billiet

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
Tomatoes in the ground
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:29:57 pm »
Kiowa is the biggest recorded blackberry.

Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

Offline bill

• House Bee
Tomatoes in the ground
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 01:29:21 am »
I think I will get a few root cuttings next time I go past de leon good luck
billiet

anything