Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Selling Honey...Container preference and size!  (Read 5976 times)

Offline jim81147

• New Bee
Re: Selling Honey...Container preference and size!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29:05 pm »
Being a total newbee here , forgive me if this is question doesnt sound so "informed" . I have read that raw honey , which I assume most of you are talking about selling , crystalizes much faster than the processed honey . For that reason would it be better to sell more small sized containers that would turn over faster ? I would think that the customer would look at a jar of recently purchased honey that starts to crystalize before its used in a timely manner as an inferior product . Thoughts?
If my bee's can survive me , Varroa doesn't stand a chance !!!

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:09 am »
Here in Central Arkansas I sell mostly 1 and 2 pound jars.
I usually give the owners of the beeyards a couple of gallons.
I have 2 registered beeyards that are Red, white and yellow clover with lots of blackberry and wild cherry and plum trees.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:18 am »
There are different things that make it crystallize, Jim81147.  Like the flowers they are getting nectar from, some doesn't and some will crystallize fast.  It is not inferior.  I extract, then run it though a paint strainer and bottle and label it raw pure wild flower honey.  I do tell people that it will crystallize in a few months and just to heat in a double boiler and it will be liquid again.  The only bad question is the one not asked.  I like the crystallized honey, one of these days I want to make some creamed honey.  Crystallized honey does't drip off of our sandwich. ha

Joe

anything