Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Vegies  (Read 3730 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Vegies
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:25:31 am »
This is the cabbage that is supposed to get to 50 lbs.

Good looking Elephant Garlic
Hope you all enjoy my Pics.

My pc is doing fair but I have to watch it.

I was working with Photo Bucket last night and the pictures I have posted came from a folder that only these pictures I down loaded from my camera were in.
I don't know how that other stuff came up.

Any how my pc and myself is sorta back in the grove. :) ;)doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Vegies
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:43:39 am »
Doak, good pictures.  I hope that your PC is gonna be OK and stay that way.  You gonna make some sourkraut with that great big cabbage, hee, hee, coleslaw.  A 50 pound cabbage is gonna make a lot of steamed cabbage with a white sauce, known as creamed cabbage, hee, hee, have that most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:40:01 pm »
I have some other regular cabbage,
I was in Wally World one day and they were giving away "free" plants.
It was the two cabbage plants :roll:
We had about 4 or 5 inches of rain early this morning.

We had to reinstall Windows and I lost some programs but didn't loose as many files as I at first thought I would.

Now every time I find a folder that it will not respond to or locks up on I go ahead and delete it.
  :)doak

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:19:02 pm »
I haven't checked the date when these first pic's were posted.
I'll let ya'll do that.

Tomatoes first

Onions

the yellow spots is the moon and stars

Hope ya'll enjoy.
doak

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:02:50 pm »
exactly how big is a 50lb head of cabbage and how do you keep it from splitting?

How big of a knife do you need for a monster that big?

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:58:58 pm »
I have 2 chain saws. :shock: :roll: :) ;)doak

One for each head

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:22 pm »
Doak, great pictures, I couldn't see the moon and flowers very well.  Misinterpretation here on my part.  I thought you meant that there were the moon and stars on the fruit of the vine, hee, hee, now that looks really cool what I could see of the yellow on the leaves.  Great looking garden stuff, yum, yum!!!  Beautiful and wonderful days, love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:17 am »
Yes Cindi, the fruit has the yellow spots also.
This is the first year I have had them and I didn't know the yellow spots were on the vines.
doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:33 am »
Doak, oh cool, make sure that you take a picture of the fruit when it matures, beautiful.  Great day in this great life.  Cindi

anything