Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Southeast Texas  (Read 2525 times)

Offline kayacanoe

• New Bee
Hello from Southeast Texas
« on: July 30, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
I'm a new bee keeper located at the edge of Texas and Louisiana next to the Gulf coast.  My wife said to tell everyone that I am married to the best woman in the world.  We love our bees, but it has been a real learning curve.  I have read a lot and learned from other people, but the practical aspect is a whole lot different.  I will feel successful if we can keep this hive thriving through the winter.  Glad to have found this forum.  Hope I can help someone one day.
Kayacanoe

Offline CountryBee

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Southeast Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:46:04 am »
Welcome! :)

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »
Howdy!  I'm in Kountze, where are you?

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:11:08 am »
Welcome aboard, hope the bees work out for you and bring you lots of honey next year.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:54:07 am »
Kayacanoe, welcome to our forum, great you found us -- and I bet your Wife IS the best woman in the world, always believe that, smiling  8-) 8-).  Study hard and ask lots of questions, this will help you to become a great beekeeper. Remember too, that all questions are important, we were all once upon a time new beekeepers too.  Stick around, we love new members, soon you will discover how deeply those sweet little honeybees hold you beneath their spell.   Have that most wonderful day, full of love and great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Rock

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:01 pm »
Greetings,  I'm from Beaumont, Texas.  I'm not a beekeeper, but I do allow them to stay on my property.  They come and go as they please.  I hope to one day borrow a little honey from these ladies.  Yum.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:31 pm »
Welcome to the forum!  Lots of great people here!
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:08 am »
Welcome....and wow some people posting on this thread I haven't seen active in a while ;-)
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

anything