Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pickling tonite  (Read 3486 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Pickling tonite
« on: July 28, 2008, 04:34:21 pm »
Tonite I will begin a 5gal bucket of kirby's for hot and garlicky pickles. YUM! I will smell like garlic and vinegar for at least 24hrs. Cant get the stuff off hands.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Re: Pickling tonite
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:34 pm »
are you using your own garlic?
we need better technology so you can post your pickles and we can taste them.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
Konasdad, good for you!!!  Yeah, I am not sure how our cucumber harvest will go this year.  We got things in so late, but we put the cukes in the open greenhouse, maybe, just maybe, we'll have pickling cukes too.  I would love to taste your pickles, they sound yummy.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi

are you using your own garlic?
we need better technology so you can post your pickles and we can taste them.

Hot diggidy dog!!!  Now wouldn't that just be the coolest thing on earth, eh?
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:19 am »
Yes I used my own garlic, dill, and hot peppers. I purchased the kirby's since I only grew some table cucs this year to make room for the garlic and onions. The whole basement smells so yummy. Smells of honey, wine, pickles, garlic and onions depending what shelf your standing close too.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline HEATHERNAY

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:26 pm »
i saw on the food channel that if you rub your hands on stainless steel....the garlic smell comes off. I happen to like the garlic smell...keeps me from having to say "not tonight, I have a headache"...your choice! lol

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:38:24 pm »
 theres 2 ways garlic smells, It smells good before its eaten, like when you cook with it and pick it from the garden..Then theres the bad way it smells after you eat it. I learned that if everybody eats garlicky food to gether, nobody will notice how bad someone elses breath stinks!

your friend,
john

anything