Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 200 large purple crocus  (Read 10587 times)

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
Re: 200 large purple crocus
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:41 am »
The ones I planted had mostly blue on the packet and some white or white mixed. No yellow at all but oh well I like them. So far I'd say the yellow ones are the biggest. Only 7 or so actually came up so far of 200. I've found a few that were dug up some how and were covered in mold. I assume they become susceptible to disease if they're in the wrong soil or something.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40:39 am »
They're pretty bullet-proof, but if the frost heaves them up and they're on the surface all winter they will die.  They're in the lily family, and have special roots that can actually pull them down further into the soil (during the growing season).

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 09:55:05 am »
Ann, see, I love your knowledge, I can learn so much from little things from you.  Beautiful day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything