Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: blocked e-mails  (Read 3493 times)

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
blocked e-mails
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:37:03 pm »
Hello everyone:

Has anyone else had problems from blocked e-mails? Recently my wife sent her mother a long post, and it wasn't deliverable in spite of previously having been so.  In fact, we had been in almost daily communication. 

Among the possible reasons given was a list of things such as .com (plus six or eight more, most of which I had never heard of)  I had thought .com was common, my addy is "bill_michaels@adamswells.com)

It also mentioned that it may have been because a "small" ISP was involved.

It also talked about government requirements to eliminate spam.  Now here, we may be guilty.  Carolyn has two friends besides her mother who send each other "aint this cute" pics of baby animals, "aint this awful" quotes from liberals and the government, and inspirational things  from a Christian viewpoint.  My wife has been known to forward some of these to other members of the small group .

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: blocked e-mails
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »
the first thing i would do is have her mother check to see if the email address has been blocked on her end.  then she can add it to the allow list.  how this is done depends on what she uses for email.  she should be able to get help from her end in the help menu for that program.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:42:48 pm »
Thanks Kathyp:

At the mother's end they are awaiting "someone" to come out to their house and check out the problem.  This presumably is someone from ATT, but it may be a computer repairman.

The last time a problem such as this arose, they solved it by buying a new computer and giving me the old one.  Hope it happens again; their current computer is better or at least equal to what I have, and certainly  better than my backup one.

Another "problem" which may be a coincidence; I tried to create this thread on my regular computer and was treated like I wasn't a member and couldn't create and send a post. I worked on that for quite awhile and gave up.  I then tried it on my backup computer (which is on ME) and everything worked fine.

Thanks very much for helping; will keep you informed.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »
 I had thought .com was common,

ayyon2157

A lot of verizon in MA. are .net not .com this may help you.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/