Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hello  (Read 2207 times)

Offline NorthShore

• New Bee
hello
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:59:30 am »
I don't really know anything about taking care of bees I am trying to learn more about them.Myself and my girl friend are starting a nursery and have already started a small wild blueberry field.Have bees to pollenate for these crops would be good.I just don't know if it is for me and if I would have the time to do it.So I figured I would come on this forum and learn more,cause I don't know enough to know even what questions to ask.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:09:05 am »
Welcome............and you have come to the right place!! Lots of good people with tons of knowledge that do not mind sharing that knowledge.

Hope to see some pictures of Nova Scotia country side. I love Canada and have visited many parts but never the east coast. That may be my next major vacation destination.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline tennesseebeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:44:07 pm »
hello welcome

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 05:10:54 pm »
Indeed Welcome:

We have many members (elsewhere in the world) with longer Winters than down here in the Eastern Atlantic Coast - I know you should read anything by FINMAN or FINSKY (search for those posts - he is more of a reader than a writer these days here, but he surely has a fan base.

If He can do great things with bees with a three month Summer and no Fall to speak of, you should be A-okay.

Wecome aboard, it is GREAT to have you with us. And you are right, you'll read the wisdom written here, and get to pick a side on some hot topic of the week - lol. I think you'll have fun, please look around the different forums - some others besides bee may peak your interest too :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 09:43:48 pm »
Pick up a book, Beekeeping for Dummies or The Backyard Beekeeper are great books. Also, read the beekeeping course on this site (http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm). All should inspire questions and help inform you about what is involved.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

anything