Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What to charge for a trapout?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
What to charge for a trapout?
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:16:18 pm »
What would be a fair amount to charge to do a trapout? It is about 4 miles from my house. It is about 2 feet off the ground in an inside corner of a block wall with concrete steps about 2 feet away. Absolutely no way to do a cutout from outside or inside. I am thinking about $150 or $175. What do you all think?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: What to charge for a trapout?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
How much is your time worth?   All those trips.   And all your equipment.

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »
doing one 19 blocks up 13 ft? in block wall block only no stud wall inside  had to make bracket to mount hive
$200.00  6 blocks from my office cant belive how many bees already out had to put on another medium

Dave

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 11:58:21 pm »
I charge $350 minimum for trap outs and the farther away they are the price increases. After you've done a few you'll find that gas ain't cheap anymore!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:54 pm »
Call me what you will but I'm looking at four in the yard (plus one that was combined) that have been done in the last month.
Macon, GA 900.00 (that one was a friggen nightmare with multiple trips and should have been alot more but I stick to my quotes)
Ellenwood, GA 650.00 (my nearest live removal competitor has that posted as his minimum)
Fayetteville, GA 500.00 (next county over and exposed comb)
Douglasville, GA 650.00 (softball sized new swarm in floor joist, simple removal)
Hampton, GA 850.00 (russians, I know where they came from unable to save due to laying worker and to far gone/had to work off of a pergola and deconstruct/reconstruct a vinyl siding chimney to get BTW I live in Hampton)

Sold one today for 950.00 that is going to require two ladders, jacks and plank plus a safety man to get to.

So far that over 3k for the month on bees alone (I also do bats, beavers, coyote, fox, raccoon, snakes and other stinging insects plus all other critters) but when you consider that I have spent over a grand so far on equipment just for the bees and am now feeding the heck out of them since our flow is gone and they need to be on their feet before fall. I also fill the tank on the truck every other day for another 90 a pop. My phone ain't free nor is my advertising. A set of tires is going to set me back almost a grand.
Well I hope you get the idea. Approach this as a business proposition.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »
BTW, I do my cutouts on the weekends when I have the time away from the rest of my stuff (two this last weekend alone) and will be off this weekend for the first time this month only because both the missus and mama are making me.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
David, the question was for trap outs...not cut outs.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline kbenz

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »
doin one now for $150. should have doubled it. trap outs are a pain. lots of trips out there

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:52 pm »
Bingo

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 11:54:48 pm »
My bad posting about cut outs. So it's trap outs then, consider on all but one of those the deed was done in a single trip with time on site under four hours. Now how long to set up the trap hive, close off the entry(s), etc.. Add in visits over how long before you can close the job.
Apples to oranges sounds about even money to me.

anything