Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: homemade smoker  (Read 5207 times)

Offline TigerLily

• New Bee
homemade smoker
« on: May 19, 2007, 03:33:27 pm »
Since I have access to clay and a kiln thru my school, I was able to make a ceramic bee smoker. I did make a bellows for it and attached it to the smoker with tape, but sadly tape doesn't last long and isn't that strong. I was able to improvise, though; I used the hole for the bellows to blow the smoke out myself. Tested it this morning, and it worked great.

"It is the melancholy face that gets stung by the bee”

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: homemade smoker
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:42:25 pm »
Very interesting...... just don't drop it :shock:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:35:51 pm »
Just thought I would share a link I found in one of robo's past posts on some homemade equipment.

http://web.utk.edu/~wu4you/My%204%20Acres/beekeeping/extraction.htm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 01:02:35 pm »
Tigerlily!!!  Great, good for you, I have always wanted to work with ceramics, just never have done that.  Now making a smoker is an interesting thing to do with clay.  Great, keep on keepin' on.

We have a ravine that borders the south of our property, through it runs a little creek.  This creek has myriads of beautiful clay that the kids bring up now and then to play with.  I really would love to have someone teach me the fine art of working with this clay.  My sister has a kiln, all I need to do is take a couple of lessons from someone up here that knows how to do this beautiful form of art.  Have a wonderful day, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything