Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anothers hive in Eves  (Read 2211 times)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
Anothers hive in Eves
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:46:47 am »
Got a call to get some bee out of building yesterday. They were using the crack in a wall to get to the eves of the building. When we opened it up there was about 8 frames of wax. 2 frames had brood very very little honey. Very gentle bee's. Couldnt use my vacum as there was no power to the building so did it the hard way by framing up the comb with bee's on it and then placing the box next to the original opening. Came back in the night and all the bee's where in the box. Not sure if i got the queen. Due to the fact there was so few bee's i did a Newspaper combine with a Queen excluder between the two hives. Put a pollen pattie in with them and a pale feeder ontop. I'll check on them again in a few days but hopefully we managed to save them.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Anothers hive in Eves
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:45:37 am »
I'm thinking you most likely did get the queen. Give us an update when you can.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:36:36 pm »
I would say you got the queen also.

No power sure makes you miss that bee vac.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »
That's why I carry around a 1000W generator. It's light enough to go anywhere and it's quiet too. Of course it's not a necessity, but sure can make things easier!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:03 pm »
Some times the fun way brings back the good ol days....... or not.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:36:14 am »
I have a small shop vac and a home-made bee vac (still untested)  but  a 1200W car inverter is plenty to run it.
be happy and make others happy.