Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Shalom from Israel  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Dvash

• New Bee
Shalom from Israel
« on: October 17, 2009, 05:42:04 pm »
Hi, I am a Canadian and moved to Israel 4 years ago. I love the weather here and do NOT miss shoveling snow. We started with two hives earlier this year and got hooked. I am now in the process of reading about splits and getting ready for the winter season.

Offline wd

• Field Bee
Re: Shalom from Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »
Hello from California!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:39:24 pm »
Hello and Welcome Dvash   
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

And I want to be the First to say welcome to Beemaster, WD

Johnny 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:40:34 am »
HI Dvash

I was in Israel about 2 years ago and I noticed that they have many,many beekeepers over there. I am sure you will get lots of help with your beekeeping.

Good to see you

Annette

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 04:18:26 am »
Hi Dvash. welcome to the site
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Dvash

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:00:20 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yes, there are many beekeepers here and I am trying to learn from them. Unfortunately, my Hebrew is not up to speed and there are no hobbiests that are open to sharing information. Most hobbiests got out of beekeeping when the varroa started here.

I am in the process of purchasing an official "site" that will allow me to put up to 40 hives in a small forest. Beekeeping is heavily regulated here and you have to buy an official spot (like a taxi cab medallion). An expert from the ministry of Agriculture will take a look at the hives and make suggestions before I go ahead with the purchase. He will also give each hive a value so that when we negotiate a purchase price, both sides agree to go according to the expert opinion of the Ministry of Agriculure expert.

Offline TheMasonicHive

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 10:28:16 am »
The land of milk and honey indeed!  Shalom!
Christopher Peace
Oakland County, MI

"It teaches us that, as we come into the world rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow-creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them without inconvenience to ourselves." - Freemasonry on the Beehive

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 11:38:28 am »
Dvash, welcome to our forum, from another Canadian.  So nice that you found us.  What a move that must have been half way across the world.  It will be interesting when you get around to telling your stories, tales and experiences of how beekeeping is in Israel, very nice.  What prompted the move there anyways, that would be interesting to hear.

You have entered that beautiful and secret world of the honeybee, you will soon be held deeply under their spell, we all are.  Bees have a way about them, the more that you get to know about them, the more you will be compelled to learn.  Enjoy the bees, they will be yours to care for, and in return, you know the bounty that you will also enjoy.  Have a wonderful and great day, with best of health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 07:42:03 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
I love when people from other countries join the forum. It gives a great perspective on how beekeeping is like in other parts of the world.
I hope you stay active in the forum and share stories and pictures of your beekeeping adventures.
Good luck with your purchase, hope all goes well.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 07:46:46 pm »
Yes to all the above posts! I will look forward to seeing pictures and hearing your stories and experiences.

Welcome, Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline okiebeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50:56 pm »
I spent almost 3 years in Israel off and on. Stayed at 2 Kibutzim. Ein Zivan in the Golan and Kfar Blum. Where are you?

Offline Dvash

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 06:15:30 pm »
I spent almost 3 years in Israel off and on. Stayed at 2 Kibutzim. Ein Zivan in the Golan and Kfar Blum. Where are you?
I spent a summer down the road from Ein Zivan in 1974. I am located in Rehovot, which is about 25 miles south of Tel Aviv. Our hives are in a forest outside of Rosh Haayin. Are you in Oklahoma? My wife is from OK.

Offline USC Beeman in TN

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 11:08:32 pm »
Welcome!  Always wanted to visit Isreal!!!
De Colores,
Ken

anything