Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Air Conditioning  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Stone

• House Bee
Bee Air Conditioning
« on: December 04, 2010, 02:01:05 pm »
I'm in the process of putting together my order list to take advantage of Brushy's free shipping deal. I'm very curious about what is called the "Ventilated Inner Cover and Moving Screen".  Seems like all the catalogs have them. I definitely appreciate the importance of good hive ventilation and I like the idea of leaving one of these on all summer long. But I'm thinking that a couple of 3/4 inch holes drilled into the top super/hive body and screened over will do the same thing.  Will save the cost too.   Before I order some of these I'd like to find out if anyone has had experience with this equipment and would like to offer some ideas about how well it works and if it's worthwhile.  Thanks.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee Air Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:24 pm »
Holy Cow! What a coincidence. Another beekeeper posted this exact same thread on another forum like a minute ago.   :-D

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: Bee Air Conditioning
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:52 pm »
What kind of (top) outer cover you useing  :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)  

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/