Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why Your Bees Need a Beekeeping Beehive  (Read 1903 times)

Offline deanmontford

• New Bee
Why Your Bees Need a Beekeeping Beehive
« on: November 22, 2010, 07:29:35 am »
a beekeeping hive is a man-made structure that serves as a home for the bees. Even though they are man-made, they serve the most natural purpose of protecting your bees from the environment.

The beekeeping hive is composed a bottom board on which the hive is set and settled safely in the ground or on a concrete floor; wooden frames and foundation which support the sheets of beeswax that are also used by the bees as a foundation for their straight combs; the hive body or a “super” is where bees raise brood and honey is collected for the bees own consumption; an inner and outer cover, the former insulates bees from dead air space and the latter serves as protection.

Other parts of the hive also include a smoker that helps calm bees and reduces their stinging impulses; a hive tool that helps separate supers and frames; the veils and gloves that form part of the protective gear against stinging, and lastly, the feeders where the syrup being fed to bees flows from. The Langstroth design, touted to be the easiest to use and maintain, also has a hive stand where the upper hive is set upon to prevent the hive from rotting and damage caused by frequent dampness. It also serves as the landing area for the bees.

For more information on beekeeping beehive, go to LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:23:22 am by Robo »

Offline tecumseh

• House Bee
Re: Why Your Bees Need a Beekeeping Beehive
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:39:36 am »
it sounds like the person that composed these three short paragraphs is not that familar with beekeeping.

I have never heard anyone call a smoker or hive tool a part of a beehive.
I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:49:26 am »
Who is Lanny Davis?

And who is DeanMontFord?

Is Lanny a beekeeper? Where is he from? There is nothing on the site provided telling me about his qualifications, background, experiences, etc. The whole website sounds like the "Learn computer" guy where he will ship the first lesson free, then you get the others lessons at astronomical prices, and very hard to get out of any agreement.

Is DeanMontford actually Lanny Davis? If not, why are you promoting this?

The site is so basic in information, it just seems the main goal is to have people sign up. If the lessons and tips are free, why are they not just posted as part of an informative website with all the information posted for all to see?

And I love the "get tips most beekeepers will never know" stuff.

Anybody have any information on this site before anyone goes any further?
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:59:46 am »

Who is Lanny Davis?
Anybody have any information on this site before anyone goes any further?

I have an email I use too check things so I signed up
This seems to be no More than an advertisement to sell Bee Keeping books
I don't think its allowed here? is it ??
Tommyt
 So I don't post links for him this is the end of the Letter after you sign up
______________________________________________________________________________________

Sincerely ,

Lanny Davis

P.S. Remember, you're getting 'Easy Beekeeping Methods' - PLUS 3 hot bonuses worth $94.56, that's over $114.51 in value that you'll get for just $19.95. Just click the blue link below and you can order securely through ClickBank.

P.P.S. Also remember that you're covered by my 100% no questions asked, money back guarantee
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 09:26:52 am »
Lanny/Dean is gone.....

We seem to get one of these every few weeks.  I signed up for the FREE course just to see.  I got an email every day with some very basic info,  and of course,  a link to get the e-book.   Pure scam.........
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »
 I hear ya, I put the emails in the Spam Folder

Tommyt

Lanny/Dean is gone.....

We seem to get one of these every few weeks.  I signed up for the FREE course just to see.  I got an email every day with some very basic info,  and of course,  a link to get the e-book.   Pure scam.........
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

anything