Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee talks--CLINT WALKER  (Read 6029 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee talks--CLINT WALKER
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:13:56 pm »
Grandma_DOG has come up with some great info.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:16:46 pm »
Grandma_DOG has come up with some great info.
  is that what you call him?
I think this stuf is a year old-i like the stuf in the second vid where he talks about
a device to check dna traights-says we will be able to purchase this device -RDY-B

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »
I like this a LOT of good info.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:55:37 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:56 am »
video #1, about the 8 minute mark...the suggestion that drones take 26 days to hatch.
That is new to me. Maybe in Texas, but not around here.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline REDBEE

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:39:36 am »
I agree with Jim ,lots of good information,nice to know that there are people trying to solve some of the problems and yes it takes 24 days for a drone to hatch
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:27:37 am by REDBEE »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »
Only takes 24 here...guess my drones are just fast learners,

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 12:12:54 pm »
Only takes 24 here...guess my drones are just fast learners,

Scott

Mine take 24 also.

I checked the first 4 bee books I took off the bee shelf, and every one mentioned 24 days.  Must be something in the water in Texas.  :-D

And here I thought I picked the easiest mistake in the video. If we can't even get that straight, I'll forget the rest.  :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »
  I thought he was very interesting speaker-easy to listen to -not a hole lot out there for
  great bee talks-they all got some kind of defect with the information -when you consider location location location
  i gave him 9 out of ten-RDY-B

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 09:29:56 am »
 I thought he was very interesting speaker-easy to listen to -not a hole lot out there for
  great bee talks-they all got some kind of defect with the information -when you consider location location location
  i gave him 9 out of ten-RDY-B

So are people actually suggesting to the casual reader of this post, that it comes down to "Location, location, location" in regards to the difference in drones taking 24 days or 26 to develop?

Unbelievable.

And some are amazed that people get wrong information off of forums.  :roll:

This is definitely all new to me. I ask that other than the one video above, someone please give some paper, mention, or suggestion from anywhere that drones take 26 days in Texas. I have never heard such a thing until now.

I can't understand why anyone would defend an obvious incorrect statement, thus allowing readers of this thread to perpetuate bad information. I had waited a few days thinking someone was going to pull out more than this one video to prove me wrong and make me eat my words.

So lets have it. When was this first discovered? What paper mentions this?

Added....

I see one person, after calling me out and suggesting I was wrong, silently changed his post, to reflect 24 days. Nice...  :roll:  

But, I'm still interested in how location justifies bad information? Why would we rationalize incorrect information such as the days for a drone to mature, and claim that we should expect as much from any speaker based on an item such as "location"?

Or are you suggesting speakers from Texas are idiots, and we should expect no better from them?

Hmmm......

Yeah, Yeah....I'll be the "bad" guy now for calling this to everyone's attention and making a big deal about it. But to allow that video to exist and be read by thousands of readers of this site is not right, without mentioning it. And I am sure that if I made such a mistake, I'd be called out on the carpet in no time at all.  :-D

It's as if we have become so Politically correct in our lives that we can not even mention a flaw in a video, and would rather justify it, and make rationalizations from it. I don't know who Clint walker is, but I guess I'll throw him in the pile with a few others that seemingly can do no wrong, and anyone mentioning something against what they say, is automatically cast as evil.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:58:17 am by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 05:59:14 pm »
  yes yes yes at any rate the drones will be hatched on the 26 day-yes yes yes 24 days to emerging
 I understand your point -there was a mention on the vid about time for a drone intill it becomes
sexually mature-keeping that in mind-the other evening i took the beekeepers test-provided by this forum
and the question came up on the test -the person that told me face to face how long it takes for a drone to reach sexual maturity was ERIC MUSSEN-keeping this in mind-the answer to the question on the test was wrong-also the time stated on the vid was incorrect--needles to say i got the question on the test wrong--but the test is wrong-as to what i have learned--so i suppose theres always going to be differences in discussion and probably experience as well --we already now that the real answers are in the bee yard -some right --some wrong-- :)  RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 06:05:12 pm »

[quote
Added....

I see one person, after calling me out and suggesting I was wrong, silently changed his post, to reflect 24 days. Nice...  :roll:  
[/quote
             thats funy-- ;) thanks for the lahgh-- :) RDY-B

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »
Come on rdy-b,

I waited for a reply all day. Now that hours have passed, you took the wind out of the sails.

Please do try to keep up....  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 07:29:10 pm »
Come on rdy-b,

I waited for a reply all day. Now that hours have passed, you took the wind out of the sails.

You just going to have to start all over again.

Offline Yuleluder

• House Bee
    • Yule's Apiaries
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:46 pm »
I wanna know when the dna wand is coming out... :-D

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 07:42:48 pm »
Come on rdy-b,

sory there was bee work to do--been fogy here- and the sun came out today
 :lol:-RDY-B