Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from VA!  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
Hello from VA!
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
This is all new to me, but I am doing some research to see if this is a viable option for me or not. I had been told that consuming local honey would help w/ sinus problems. Does anyone know if this is true? :-D

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from VA!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »
wow local, i have heard that but dont believe it.  i take claritan D every day. neverless i will have some soon
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:46 pm »
The over the counter stuff never works long term . . .trying more natural stuff at this point.

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »
if your not giving your driving license to purchase, its not right stuff. its behind counter
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »
Most of my honey customers come to me because they want allergy relief. Most swear by it! Some have told me that within a month or two of starting a regimen of two tsp a day they have found relief, others have had to stay with it longer...maybe a year. I guess I just don't hear from the ones that found no  relief.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:53:44 pm »
Yeah, tried that and prescription Rx too. . . to no avail. Thanks though. :-D

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »
Scott- yeah, I've heard this and figured at this point it is worth a shot. The weather here is reeking havoc on me and I have tried so many remedies over the years. I gotta get relief. I.have been reading the posts about starting own bee hives . . . am I brave enough is the question. :?

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
if your not giving your driving license to purchase, its not right stuff. its behind counter
- Question? Where did u get the boxes in ur pic?

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:21:17 pm »
dont shoot me but if eating honey worked there wouldnt be billions being made on allergy meds. you can start hives as i did last week or just buy some honey localy, maybe a farmers market and try it. i got stung 8 times and i love it
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:55:09 pm by Shanevrr »
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 10:30:22 pm »
dont shoot me but if eating honey worked there wouldnt be billions being made on allergy meds. you can start hives as i did last week or just buy some localy, maybe a farmers market and try it. i got stung 8 times and i love it
   Ha! But you cant sell honey for $12.00, or more, per box. The drug companies would lose billions.

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 10:38:41 pm »
i bought them from a local supplier about hour drive from here. just do a search on virginia bee supplies and you will find it.  i bought bees out of state and just received them last weekend.

I suffer bad from allergies.  ive tring everything and only thing that helped was clariton D 24 hour. plus you need to keep your windows and doors shut and leave AC fan running all the time to filter the air all day from pollen, just dont forget to change your filters
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:48:19 pm »
i bought them from a local supplier about hour drive from here. just do a search on virginia bee supplies and you will find it.  i bought bees out of state and just received them last weekend.

I suffer bad from allergies.  ive tring everything and only thing that helped was clariton D 24 hour. plus you need to keep your windows and doors shut and leave AC fan running all the time to filter the air all day from pollen, just dont forget to change your filters
  Thanks again! (I am bad w/ the ac stuff . . . so much for fresh air too)

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 11:03:19 pm »
AC is my business :-D.  also make sure you buy the good kind of filters (pleated). will keep air cleaner.  yes fresh air is good, we cant open anything for a couple months.  you are more than welcome to email me for for questions and/or suppliers in stuff, we have to be carefull of advertising on forums (rules) shanevrr@yahoo.com.

dont get me wrong, please try anything you can, if it works great. I guess you can try pollin from a health food store. not sure
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 11:05:39 pm »
Shane, once you start harvesting and consuming your own honey I think you'll be singing a different tune. I hope so anyway! Drug companies do make billions and spend millions on promotions to keep you thinking that the drugs are the only way. Please post back in a year and let us know how you're doing!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 11:19:43 pm »
AC is my business :-D.  also make sure you buy the good kind of filters (pleated). will keep air cleaner.  yes fresh air is good, we cant open anything for a couple months.  you are more than welcome to email me for for questions and/or suppliers in stuff, we have to be carefull of advertising on forums (rules) shanevrr@yahoo.com.

dont get me wrong, please try anything you can, if it works great. I guess you can try pollin from a health food store. not sure
Not saying ur wrong, but had to deal w/ Daves H&P last year & he told me to go to downtown hardware store and get cheep green ones, not pleated. You have nothing to gain by lying . . . he got my money.  Live and learn I guess. I wont bother u w/ personal questions, but appreciate the offer to help. Thanks for all your advice- you seem wise. :)

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
ummm i would try it in a heartbeat scott.  i can always go and buy some honey down the road and try it.  maybe someone with mild allergies it could help in time.  but there is a program for allergy sufferers where they inject you with shots over a period of a couple years which is supposed to work by building up immunity. it cost a couple thousand bucks.  eating honey my have somewhat the same effect for building up immunity, but it will take a long time to do so.  it will not happen over night or in one summer for that matter.

and cheap filters will work Mshel.  but pollen is very tiny about 6 or more microns.  so pleated filters filter out pollen about 80% more than poly. pleated about 5 micron or less.  but look on package most of them say what they can filter.  poly filters are double, triple and more microns.  so it doesnt help much for pollen.  look for allergy filters, they can filter to 1 micron, but you need to change more often
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:28 pm »
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 11:57:02 pm »

check this out. everyone probably thinks im crazy
[/quote]   No crazyer than the rest of us at this hour. :shock: I Dont do shots, but I can go to L's in a giffy. I did see where u made ref. to the fact ac is ur business . . .but as stated I cannot ask business related stuff so . . .hmm. May email u.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 12:04:02 am »
Shanevrr- dont know how you got that link up there, but thanks. My re-post went crazy because it was attached.Threatened to kick me out. I needed a good laugh today. ( Im not well suited for jail)

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:28 am »
lol copy and paste :jail:
www.Valleybeesupply.com
Shane C.