Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 311047 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2008, 06:15:02 pm »
BjornBee was just simple as the company we own is called Bjorn Apiaries. The Bjorn part is from my wife's family, which they are all danes. Bjorn meaning bear, which I though fit in with the concept of honey, bees, bears.....you get the picture. Some have come to call me Mr. Bjorn, as if i'm THAT old, but my name is really just Mike.

I used this name on another site and just wanted to let people know who they are dealing with over here. Not sure if that's good or bad.   :roll:

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2008, 08:45:19 pm »
It'll be fine I'm sure. Hello Mike,by the way.I am near Williamsport,PA

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2008, 12:38:17 am »
I used to sell neodymium magnets on ebay eight years ago and used the name magnet-man. I just kept on using it because it was unique.

Hey everyone this is Bill, I believe, from Honeymoon apiaries. We have talked about the ultrabreeze suits they make, similiar to Golden bees, but I see he now has a jacket which we all may want to check out, myself included.

Welcome to the site Bill, will be in touch.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Flyman

• Brood
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2008, 05:05:26 pm »
Flymanis pretty easy although some think it is about flying airplanes.  My second passion is Fly Fishing therefore Flyman.

Offline Farmer Annie

• Brood
« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:31 pm »
Because it is how I see myself.  Goal is just farming.  Bees, crops, horses, chickens.

Signed up for this forum when I first received my bees.  Have not yet learned how to post, but need some guidance.
I live in Flagstaff, AZ and at 7000 feet can have cold winters.  All summer bees were happy and easy to get along with.  Now they attack at first disturbance.  Have one deep super with a shallow on top.  Last checked 9 frames were full of capped honey in the shallow super.  Thought this was good as 4 inches of hail totally wiped out sunflower crop and everything else. 

Will get to 14 degrees tomorrnow night.  How do I attach the insulation?  Duct tape?  In the past cold nights cover back of hive loosely with a cement blanket.  OK?
Bought a pail top feeder.  Were do I put this?  On top of the honey super or brood super?

Many thanks!
Farmer Annie

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2008, 10:49:29 pm »
welcome the the group Annie

Offline StarsandBars

• Brood
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2008, 01:27:07 pm »
It is what we hope to name our ranch when we get moved to TX.

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2008, 09:07:25 am »
Qabloona was a no-brainer . Inuiit/Eskimo for fat hairy white guy. When I lived on Hudson Bay I was that guy  :)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2008, 09:32:54 am »
Qabloona was a no-brainer . Inuiit/Eskimo for fat hairy white guy. When I lived on Hudson Bay I was that guy  :)

Welcome aboard, your avatar reminds me of the first time I ever played golf, the temps were in the low 20's F and windy, windy. My uncle and I of course were the only ones on the course that day. When you would look up at the flag to hit the ball, then down, your eyes would quell up and you would have to do it over and again, it was funny, plus all the ponds were iced over so the ball would bounce, then roll across to the other side of the pond.

I belive my score was about 332 that day.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2008, 03:53:53 pm »
Fairly obvious I would guess.  Hiking/backpacking is one of my favorite pastimes and Winemaking is the other. A few years ago I was struggling to come up with an email ID that wasn't taken and it seemed not only bizarre enough to not be taken and fairly appropriate to my personality.

This was my first year with the bees.  Typical beginner setup(he mutters regrettfully) 2 deeps(10 frame) for brood.  I opted for a screened bottom board and a slatted rack.  They are Carniolan/Italian crosses that look pretty much like Italians but act like Carniolans.  A rough start to be sure.  It never stopped raining all summer long.  So no honey for me, but the girls look to be set for the winter.  I'll be converting to mediums and foundationless setups over the next couple of seasons.  We'll see how it goes.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2009, 12:53:06 pm »
My Mom chose it for me.  When I first started using the net (20 years ago) like everyone else I used a screen name, but then I would start using a new site and my name would be taken. 

Soon I had more screen names than I could keep up with - when I go to the store for more than 2 things I have to make a list or I forget what I'm there for. 

So a couple of years ago I just decided not to say anything that I wouldn't want my Mom to read and started just being me.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:41 pm »
Awesome, David :) Welcome to the forum.

Offline charmd2

• House Bee
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »
charmd2  my name is charla  where you get the char

middle name starts with an M

maiden last name started with a D

so it was Char-m-d and the 2 because most sites require numbers of some sort or another. 

That and my mom always says I'm charmed. 
Charla Hinkle

Offline NashBeek

• Brood
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »
I live in Nash County in Middlesex, NC 27557

Offline anewbee

• Brood
« Reply #294 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:34 am »
I chose this name as I am totally new to beekeeping, in fact, I do not yet have any bees, I ordered my equipment on line yesterday.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2009, 11:57:31 am »
NashBeek and anewbee are both so new, they haven't even learned where they live, according to their profile. They will be even more lost when their questions are answered for another locale, and they kill their bees. Just a hint in the profile can guide the answers to your area.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:51 am »
My other hobby is tractor pulling.  I help work on a John Deere 5010 Pro Stock pulling tractor.   My real name is Phil.  Glad to meet every one. :-D

Offline jmc71913

• Brood
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »
It is the name I use in a woodworking chat room and to log onto my work computer so not to confuse me with another name I used it here.

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2009, 03:05:51 pm »

Simple............I "try" to be "Good"!!

I'm just not very good at it... :-D

So it's a reminder to myself to "be good" and now that I'm beekeeping.
I try2beegood at that too...  :lol:

Paul

Offline carolina bee

• New Bee
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2009, 03:28:17 pm »
OK, this is my first post- I picked "Carolina bee" for the region in which I reside. I'm fairly new to bee keeping ( 5 years), so I know that I still have a lot to learn to become a better bee keeper. A friend told me of this site and it is awesome !! I've really enjoyed the video's that fellow bee keepers have sent in for various situation. They are very informative. Have a great day !!!