Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from a Buckeye  (Read 3002 times)

Offline EOC

• New Bee
Hello from a Buckeye
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:13 pm »
This is the place to introduce yourself and here I am. I haven't started bee keeping yet, but really am interested in trying next year.
Anyways not much else to say, though I should have a lot of questions in the future.

Thanks
Chad

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from a Buckeye
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:29:49 pm »
Welcome. I have not started yet and have been part of the forums for a couple of months. You can learn al ot from all the people hear and will have a good understanding of the basics before you get started.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:49:40 pm »
Welcome,We talk a ot about bees ,but if you look at the rest of the forum categories you will see we chat about most anything here!! :lol:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 11:02:43 am »
Chad, welcome, glad you found this forum.  You will be well prepared to get some bees next year, lots of things to read and learn about here.  Enjoy.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline EOC

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 01:22:59 pm »
Thanks so much everyone. I think the biggest problem for me will be finding bees suited to my area. I dont know of anyone in Ohio who sells any, as far as obtaining swarms.... It was ten years ago the last time I saw a honey bee in my gardens and this year was a first for me. I saw two of them on one day and thats it.

I guess I will ask around a bit and see what I can come up with. BTW My winter project is to build my own hives and one for a friend of mine. Should keep me busy.
Thanks

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 12:36:05 am »
   Hi EOC and welcome! 

You may want to check for a local beekeeping club.  They may have some info of a local breeder or one in the region.  If you need it here's a link to the states website.

http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline EOC

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 12:18:12 pm »
Thanks for the link. Ill have to check them out.

Offline BlueEggFarmer

• House Bee
    • Blue Egg Farm
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:24:32 am »
Hi EOC,
Queen Right Colonies is taking orders now for bee packages in the spring.
http://www.queenrightcolonies.com/Beekeeping/index.html
very nice people to work with.

anything