Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New beekeeper  (Read 1873 times)

Offline bizzybeehoney

• New Bee
New beekeeper
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:27 am »
I started my first colony of bees April 23, 2008.  And everything is going fine.  Just found this forum and now am looking forward to reading the post.

Offline mherndon

• House Bee
  • New Bee
Re: New beekeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:15:05 pm »
I just started mine on Saturday May 31st.  I bought a nuc and the bees seem to be doing well.  I haven't gone in the hive yet.  Trying to make it to Saturday before my first inspection.  I have sugar water available and the bees took about a half gallon.  They have backed away from the sugar water I think.  I'm not sure what to expect on the first inspection.  Can anyone give me an idea if I will be ready for another brood box yet?  I am using plastic frames and foundation and am worried from some of the negatives about plastic.  I have the Carniolin variety. 

Mark
Starting my 3rd year and still having a ball!

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:22:54 pm »
Welcome to a fun, exciting, challenging, and exciting world!

This is a very newbee-friendly forum, for sure. Feel free to ask anything, you'll get great advice. Maybe not always the same, but that's part of the challenge...finding what methods work for you. :)
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:48:49 am »
Bizzybeehoney and Mark.  Welcome to our forum, this will be a great place for you to learn, ask your questions, tell us of your experiences, it is a great place to spend some wonderful time.

Mark you got your nuc on May 31.  You will not need to add a brood box for awhile yet.  Don't worry too much about adding that brood box yet.  As you become familiar with the forums you will find that there are other places to ask your questions.  They will get much more noticed if you go to the beekeeping part.  This little forum here is mostly for introducing yourself, to tell us about you, and do that thing, we love to hear about what new members are up to, this means you too, Bizzybeehoney, when you have time, tell us your stories, we are a curious and nosey bunch, hee, hee.  Have that most beautiful, wonderfully awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything