Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beek  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Tom Cannon

• New Bee
New Beek
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:03:39 pm »
Hi all,
Just got into beeking and enjoy it very much. I've always wanted to do this but never seemed to be the right time. With retirement just around the corner, I'll make the time. Did a cut out with Annette "from Placerville,CA" and opened the door for me. She told me about Beemaster and here i am. This is a pic of my 3 pkg with Italian queen's. Since this pic i did a cut out from an old farm house with a new swarm. Another 3lbs and looks like i got the queen as there busy making new comb. Love it!
take care,
Tom

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
Re: New Beek
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:35:45 pm »
Congratulations on your new addiction!  I would be extremely careful about hanging around with Annette though.  She seems to get all the men on the sight in trouble! :-D

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:59:19 pm »
Hi all,
Just got into beeking and enjoy it very much. I've always wanted to do this but never seemed to be the right time. With retirement just around the corner, I'll make the time. Did a cut out with Annette "from Placerville,CA" and opened the door for me. She told me about Beemaster and here i am. This is a pic of my 3 pkg with Italian queen's. Since this pic i did a cut out from an old farm house with a new swarm. Another 3lbs and looks like i got the queen as there busy making new comb. Love it!
take care,
Tom

Tom

I am so so happy to see you here on the forum as we can stay in touch here also.  You should keep asking all the questions you want right here as so many experienced beekeepers will come forth and help you.  But of course, please continue to stay in touch with me (don't listen to that beekeeper, he is just kidding hee hee) as we are still partners in crime - I mean cutouts!!  right?

Talk to you soon
Annette

Tom check your PM. I just sent you one.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »
Hello and Welcome Tom
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Tom Cannon

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:47:55 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Annette was the one who opened the door for me. It's nice having a hobby but when you have the support to actually do what you read about. Also to ask questions about what direction to go next about your hive is priceless.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »
Tom2, welcome to our forum, so wonderful that you got to hang around with Annette.  She is one of most popular gals on the forum, she is a sweet thing.

I think that you tried to post a picture, you can't post pictures until you attain a certain level of posts, this is a security measure, to ensure that we don't have people doing bad things here.  If you post your picture to one of the Moderators, they will add it to your post. 

Anyways, nice to hear what you are up to.  The more time that you spend here, the more you will enjoy to be here.  We love to listen and this can get a great place to tell your stories, tales and experiences.  Stick around.  Have a wonderful day, love our great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Tom Cannon

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:33:47 pm »
Hi Cindi,
Yes, i agree with you. Annette is a very sweet lady. Knows alot about bee behavior and was very much impressed with her when we were doing the "shed", cut out. We've been staying in touch and i ask her opinion alot. I feel sometimes, I'm sort of a pest bugging her with my questions. haha!
Yes, i tryed to post a pic of my weird 2 frames being stuck together. After 3 attempts to post it, i finally read how to post pic's. I then got a red warning about posting pic's so i did not post it. I'm the type of person that puts things together,then after not being able to do it the right way or less than accurately... i break down and read the directions. This has been going on for years now.   :-D
I've been interested in bee keeping all my life and with retirement just around the corner, what better time than now. You can read books and absorb how to guides but the knowledge that regular folks have about doing anything is more valuable than anything. And the wonderfull thing is, there's more than 1 way to do something.
take care,
Tom 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 03:09:54 pm »
Gosh Tom

Thanks for the wonderful things you are saying about me.  You know I like to hear from you and want to help you very much.  Keep on calling me please. You are never "bugging" me.  I am also learning and I still consider myself a new beekeeper so I am happy that you will be on this forum and getting more experienced advice here. I know some things after 3 years, but I have lots to learn.

Try and post your photos with the moderator like Cindi said to do.  I do not have a whole lot of experience with crazy combs.  I have been pretty lucky so far not to have this trouble. Once I had 2 frames that got drawn together and was told to cut them apart. I think I used a sharp knife to divide them and then just pushed each section of comb into the frame it belonged and tried to make it as straight as I could.  It was a mess as I remember because it was honey comb. Don't think the bees ever really got those frames right and I just ignored it.

Wait to hear from you soon
Annette

anything