« on: May 18, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »
What do the stars mean?
doak

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Stars
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:00:53 pm »
Whether you ate your veggies at dinner or not. Also if you picked up your toys. :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:47:34 pm »
Whether you ate your veggies at dinner or not. Also if you picked up your toys. :)

It is based on how many posts you have made, regardless of how useful.  It used to be based on how helpful & informative the posts were, but some people like Brendhan objected for some reason :)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 03:42:50 pm »
Allenj:

First, NO it was NEVER BASED ON HOW USEFUL YOUR POST WAS -don't be starting rumors.

It is a simple way to recognise the posting contribution of a member, not on the post's merit or usefulness, but the simple fact that the member took the time to either post or reply to topics. There is no hidden agenda to that system - it is based on milestones in the number of posts made by any given member.

Colors may differ - that is member-status - member, mod, global mod, admin - but number of stars is simply post count.

There is a feature called KARMA which (although I believe in karma as a Life Rule) I wouldn't use it in the forum, it is a means for members to evaluated the positive or negative "Vibes" a post leaves - a sure fired way to TRASH someone you don't particularly don't like - we don't need that feature, thus it is turned off.

Hope that clears that up?
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:13 pm »
John.. where is the icon for shaking head?  It was a tongue in check reply.. If I wanted to start a rumor, I would be posting that you used to be Robin in the 60's tv show.. kaaaappppoooooowwwwwww  :)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 08:39:17 pm »
If I wanted to start a rumor, I would be posting that you used to be Robin in the 60's tv show.. kaaaappppoooooowwwwwww  :)

That is no rumor :shock:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline smallswarm

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:16:54 am »
I think you should get stars for just logging in and reading posts, as well as posting. Listening is very important in a healthy forum.

Beemaster: When will I ever be able to post photos?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 09:18:30 am »
Beemaster: When will I ever be able to post photos?

Your good to go. :-D
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 01:59:53 pm »
John, so what happens when there is no more room for more stars?  There must be forum members that have posted so many, many more posts than what the stars can depict?  Have a wonderful day, great life and health.  Cindi
I would be curious actually, who has the greatest number of posts, is there a way of checking this out.  Oh dear, my curiosity is sometimes more than I can stand.  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 02:05:42 pm »
Go to the bottom of the main page and click on forum stats. It shows MB out in the lead on the back turn....... :-D
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 03:49:54 pm »
Here you go Cindi.  All kinds of stats for you...
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=stats

BTW,  Here are the post per stars numbers.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:26 pm »
Rob, very interesting those stats.  I didn't realize that there was so much accounting that went on.  But thinking about it, of course there is.  Have a wonderful day, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:42:04 am »
Me too on posting pictures!!! I kinda like my shb pictures and they do fit the smell posting I tried to put them under.

I like to listen more than post!!! May view my post in that other forum and give me a reprieve. How bout it Guys.
John 3:16

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 07:08:33 am »
i thought the step after field bee is dead bee.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 09:56:33 am »
i thought the step after field bee is dead bee.
:lol: :lol: :lol:  Good one, Randy!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 02:20:28 pm »
stop handicapping finsky and the race would be tighter!  :evil: I miss the finsk numerous posts, seems to be a lurker these days.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".