Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Illegal New York City beekeeping  (Read 4496 times)

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Illegal New York City beekeeping
« on: March 13, 2009, 02:29:48 pm »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Illegal New York City beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:20:50 am »
Indy,
Nice article.

Although I'm not sure about the whole idea that because New York city beeks not experiencing CCD, that it equates into some idea that they have the answer for saving the bee industry. I wonder what beek made those statements.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:25:52 am »
" For one, New York City's bees are mostly free of disease, which makes them invaluable in countering the outbreak of CCD.

Bahahahaha!!!! I think they are just souping it up a little trying to get that law changed, I might have the cure also since I never had CCD  :-P , "got some CCD resistant queens for just $50 each, order now and save 50% from the original price"  :evil: ;)
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:33:34 am »
" For one, New York City's bees are mostly free of disease, which makes them invaluable in countering the outbreak of CCD.

Bahahahaha!!!! I think they are just souping it up a little trying to get that law changed, I might have the cure also since I never had CCD  :-P , "got some CCD resistant queens for just $50 each, order now and save 50% from the original price"  :evil: ;)

Look TwT, I know if I bought one of those 100 queens from you it would just die. And you would just have to reimburse me the 100. So lets do this...You keep the queen, reimburse me the 50% off price, and send me a 50 dollar bill. That way, you get to keep your queen, and save $50. That way, we both make out.... :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:07:49 pm »

Look TwT, I know if I bought one of those 100 queens from you it would just die. And you would just have to reimburse me the 100. So lets do this...You keep the queen, reimburse me the 50% off price, and send me a 50 dollar bill. That way, you get to keep your queen, and save $50. That way, we both make out.... :-D

We want a couple dozen of those for our operation.