Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hives Stolen Near Bendigo  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Birdswood

• House Bee
Hives Stolen Near Bendigo
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:37:38 am »
Just reading a report in the Australasian Beekeeper about Norm Collins having 150 brand new hives and pallets stolen from a beesite in the Kamarooka State Park between December 12th and December 20th. The hives were branded C126 and a reward of $5,000 is being offered for information leading to a conviction.
We really do have some low life so and so's out there!!!  :-x

Leigh

Scott_Derrick

Re: Hives Stolen Near Bendigo
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:14:41 pm »
Ridiculous! That is about the lowest of the low!

Offline squidink

• House Bee
    • www.bensbees.com.au
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »
I can't believe someone/s would go to that length! thats a hell of a lot of work! What would someone do with that many hives? are they exporting the bees overseas?

Ben

Offline Birdswood

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:17 pm »
You would think that iy must have been someone with all the gear already, because apparently they took pallets and all, so they must have had a bobcat with forks or something similar.
That's a lot of hives to carry by hand to a truck and then why would you take the pallets if you've taken the hives off them? Only thing that makes any sense is someone with all the gear already.

Leigh

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:21:11 pm »
The 3 hives i had stolen is nothing compared to that! it's absolutely appalling that someone from within our industry would stoop to those levels!

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »
Is the guys number listed in the ad? I had a look through my records and i actually saw something on the 14th December that might help...

Offline Birdswood

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:51:50 am »
I'm pretty sure his number is 5447 2398 Oz.
But I think that's their shed number in Kangaroo Flat, but they might have an answering machine though.

Leigh

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 09:50:49 am »
Hives Stolen In Victoria
Wed, 11/01/2012 - 5:16pm — Des

150 Hives were stolen from a DSE beesite, some 40km north of Bendigo, between 12th December and 20th December. The hives belonged to Norm Collins of Bendigo, were branded C126, and were all brand new equipment, (boxes/lids and bases), as were the pallets under the hives. The beesite was in Kamarooka State Park, and the hives were a mixture of doubles and singles.

Norm Collins is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to a conviction. Someone out there must know or suspect something. Anyone with ring information should contact Norm on Mob: 0407 422 398.

anything