Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: plastic extractors  (Read 4076 times)

Offline jelder

• New Bee
plastic extractors
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:23:03 am »
hey all.

i am looking to try and buy a plastic extractor, the ones i have seen look like they work well and as i only have two hives currently i thought that this would be a good starting point.  had a quick look online but could not find an aussie supplier

cheers
jon
whut!

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Re: plastic extractors
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:24:41 am »
If your going to grow I would go with a real extractor.  The plastic doesn't have a good reputation.
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:54:05 am »
Have a look at Hornsby Beekeeping supplies - they have a wide range of extractors.  I have used a plastic extractor for many years and have had no problems. Makes it a lot easier if it can be motorised.

www.hornsby-beekeeping.com

Offline squidink

• House Bee
    • www.bensbees.com.au
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:01:24 am »
Is there anyone you could borrow one from that's close by?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 06:08:02 am »
Have you checked with your local club. We have 2 extractors that we loan out for $10 a day. We also have a guy who will do the extraction and charges per super. That is how I did my first extraction and after that I decided to put the money into a good 18 frame motorized extractor. With 12 honey producing hives, I am glad I did.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline kanga

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 06:46:17 am »
Jon

The below link is for quality beekeeping supplies in Brisbane.
http://www.qualitybeekeepingsupplies.com.au/index.php/catalogue-2/28-extractors/hand-operated

There is another supplier in Brisbane but a lot more expensive.

Kevin

Offline prestonpaul

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 07:13:10 am »
I have a friend that has an old 2 frame pender bros extractor she wants to get rid of. It's in Victoria but I would be happy to hang on to it for you if you plan to come to the mainland in the future.
PM me if you want more info.

Offline jelder

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:23 pm »
thanks preston but not looking to come over the pond any time soon.  thanks to everyone who replied.  a local business hires one out for 11 dollars a day so i wil go with then oin the short term.
whut!

Offline west end apiary

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:31 am »
I got one o fthe two frame plastic extractors from Quality beekeeping supplies and think it works pretty well, I think it goes pretty well, but now that I am up to about 12 hives I am considering upgrading to a bigger one,
Nick

anything