Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My little buddy  (Read 1821 times)

Offline trapperbob

• House Bee
My little buddy
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

He insisted that he must work the bees with dad. :-D

Offline Tucker1

• House Bee
  • "The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....
Re: My little buddy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »
That's cute.  The little ones seem braver than some adults.  Good for you, Dad !!  Have fun with him.
He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:28:43 pm »
that's cute :-).  it's something he'll always remember!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline trapperbob

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:16:24 pm »
The other day he tryed catching a bee on a dutch clover head and got stung. Thought that would put an end to the whole thing but all he did was squeal for about half a second scraped the stinger out before I could get to him and looked at me and said I guess that means I can only hold boy bees. I busted out laughing. You could see where the stinger got him just a little spot the size of a mosquito bite and in a hour or so not even that. Boy was I releived. He's almost five and at times a little to fearless. I think he is definitly one of the next generation of beeks he seems to have the bug bad already.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:36:23 pm »
I have very similar pictures of me helping out with my Dad's hives some 40 years ago. It was a fantastic experience for me then and I have never forgotten it! My Dad, now in his 80's, comes out to my place on occasion and both he and my son help work my bees.....takes me right back to childhood. I don't think there's a better bonding time ( other than maybe the first hunt).
Keep it up, it gets even better in fourty years!
Peace be yours,
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:05:45 am »
Great picture, its a wonderful thing to pass on to kids.

Scott, you ought to get some more pics of you and your dad with the bees, and you, your dad and your son with the bees and frame them all together.
There pictures your son will appreciate someday.

I recently took pictures of my 7 year old son who is the youngest beekeeper in our bee club with the oldest  beek in the club who is 84 years old, it was at a field day and its a great picture.
I love that kind of stuff.

Offline adgjoan

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 06:32:14 am »
Love the pic of your little guy especially the ear to ear smile on his face.  Sounds like he is already learning the difference between queens, workers and drones.  Good job teaching him.