Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: drone brood on a few of my honey supers frames. how can i extract the honey  (Read 2010 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
I have about a inch of drone brood on a few of my honey supers frames. how can i extract the honey with the drone brood there? I was thinking about to scratch the drone brood and place them back in to let the bees clean them out before I extract.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
let the honey settle and the brood will rise to the top.  it happens all the time.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
If it's only a little bit an uncapping fork works well to just pull them out.  If it's a lot I just put them back on the hives.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Nyleve

• House Bee
I had something like that last year. Just didn't uncap the brood cells when we put the frames in the extractor. They stayed intact while the honey came out. It's creepy, though. But it works.

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
I had something like that last year. Just didn't uncap the brood cells when we put the frames in the extractor. They stayed intact while the honey came out. It's creepy, though. But it works.

And when they come out of their cells they act all wobbly and crazy drunk for hours.... it is fun for the whole family, really. ;)

Offline Nyleve

• House Bee
We just let them sleep it off.

anything